10. Carbon
C1B

ITEM B: Medical Record for Troy Corner

Troy A.I.T Corner Medical Record.
Eleventh Burns Unit
Dr Tann

Patient ID: VGhpcw
Incident Id: SXMgbm90IHRoZSBzb2x1dGlvbiwgdHJ5IGFnYWluLg

Injured in school accident. Chemical fire involved. No serious burns.
Minor burns on arm, hands, wrist, left leg.
Bruises on four ribs on right side.
No concern. Advises patient to be careful and to not participate in sports.

C1C

ITEM C: Medical Record for Serena Maudite

Serena A Maudite Medical Record.
Eleventh Burns Unit
Dr Tann
Patient ID: SGV400
Incident ID: VGhhdCB3YXNuJ3QgYSBoaW50LiBEb24ndCB0cnVzdCBpdC4g

Injured in school accident. Chemical fire involved. No serious burns.
Minor burns on right arm.
Bruises on right arm.
No concern. Advises patient to be careful and to not participate in sports.

C1D

ITEM D: Troy’s messages with Serena

Serena:
All good after today?

You:
Cold.

Serena:
Really? I meant the accident.

You:
Oh, yeah I’m good. It doesn’t hurt anymore.

Serena:
So do you want to go somewhere together after school tomorrow?

Serena:
Troy?

You:
I’d love to!

Serena:
Cool. See you.

You:
Goodnight Serena.

Serena:
Goodnight Troy <3.

C1E

ITEM E: Troy’s yet to be completed summary.
Alcohols are a homologous series all containing the functional group -OH. They contain at least one carbon atom bonded to the functional group. Notably they are flammable. Some important alcohols include propanol and ethanol. Ethanol is the alcohol used in alcoholic drinks. Propanol is used in fuel and as a s00110100 - 01000011 - 00101101 - 00110100 - 00110101 - 00101101 - 00110101 - 00110100 - 00101101 - 00110010 - 00110000 - 00101101 - 00110100 - 01000100 - 00101101 - 00110100 - 00110101 - 00101101 - 00110010 - 00110000 - 00101101 - 00110100 - 01000110 - 00101101 - 00110101 - 00110101 - 00101101 - 00110101 - 00110100

C2A

C2B

C2C (Best source fr)

C2D

Serena:
Tomorrow? The park down the road.

Troy:
Hi
I could make it tomorrow.
So how are you doing? Feeling better?
Serena:
I’m great! I’ve got to go now, bye!
See you about.
Troy:
No Serena wait a sec
Serena:
Oh?
Troy are you still there?

Troy:
Mhm, just wanted to ask something. Have you like
You know felt like something’s off recently
Serena:
Possibly? What do you mean by ‘off’?
Troy:
As though the world keeps changing in ways it shouldn’t, unnatural ways?
Serena:
I do have something, I wasn’t going to tell anyone
Nevermind don’t worry about it, it probably was nothing.
Troy:
Tell me, please
Serena:
Oh well it won’t hurt. Remember earlier walking back from school? I thought I saw a building which looked like it was on frie
*Fire
Eventually I convinced myself it was just the light or something, it couldn’t have been real especially because I thought the fire was bright white.
Troy:
Eerie, we can talk more tomorrow.
Love you.

C3A

C3B

Item B: Email 1, From Anne Peridot

06/12/33 09:21

Dear Staff,

Please find below the link to the student run forum where we invite all interested to create an account. You’ve all hopefully received the leaflet explaining how the forum works. No students other than the Administrators will have access to the forum page before Monday.
The forum is important in growing a sense of community across the school, and to allow students to take independence and develop needed skills.

Odysseus Academy Forums

Have a great day,
Anne Peridot,
Student Project Leadership Team,
Odysseus Academy,

C3C

Item C: The Document
A famous simple example for a cipher is the Caesar Cipher. It was used by Julius Caesar to encrypt his messages so enemies weren’t able to read them.
It worked by shifting each letter x number of letters forwards. Assuming the key is 5, we shift each letter five times forwards, so A becomes F, B becomes G and so on. This cipher may have taken hours for someone to crack if they weren’t aware of how it worked, however now computers can defeat it in seconds, and even a person without a computer would be able to work it out quite easily.

A natural evolution to the Ceasar Cipher is the Vigenere Cipher. Imagine we had our key, for this example we’ll use the word ‘Stable’. By converting each letter into a number, so A equals 1, B equals , etc. We’ll get the numbers 19, 20, 1, 2, 12 and 5.
We then shift each letter of our message by those numbers in that order, repeating throughout the message we need to encrypt. If our message was “Hello World” it would become “Zxlmz Agkle”
This is still weak encryption however, and can be quickly cracked. By going back over the message and encrypting again, with a different key or perhaps even a different cipher, we can make our message even more secret.

One other application of the Ceaser Cipher is ROT13. As the English alphabet has 26 letters, shifting any letter by 13 twice will bring it back to what it was originally. This means that although it is weak for keeping a message secret, as the same algorithm is used to both encrypt and decrypt the message, it is quick and easy to use, having practical purposes in scrambling letters rather than security.

Your task will be to decrypt this simple message using what you know, see how difficult it is.

“Ysxa xhrv hcd syvvprhuca mlzu aqhmtkv.”

C3D

Item D: Email 2, From William Strong.

Good Morning Sir,
I apologise for my absence today. Below I have attached a message,

I hope this finds you well,
William Strong.

[ITEM E: Email 2 .pdf attachment]

C3E

Item E: Email 2 .pdf attachment.

SynEr1221 ➀␲⫎⻶
Error/Issue/Reverse.outputignoreexceptions//value
{Pds F af Joyvud, qbsxnhl px qte Ntgpqx Lfttd}

C5A

C5B

POC
TAV
FLA
MID
RAY
PER
BAN
TET

C5C

C5D

Love you Serena.
I’ll sort out the Burns. I promise to help you.
Trust me. See you later.

C5E

1 Like

Correct!
You are now on cooldown.

Now that you’ve gotten it - you were correct with your theory about the initials being “The Horse Man”
What an interesting coincidence…
If I were you, or sock or bio or whoever, I’d start looking at the bigger picture.

Is task 3 for guessing the story’s end or for making logical theories about the story? Or something else?

For making logical theories. I’ll accept almost any Forum Curses Theory for it.

Task 3:
Conclusion: Considering Nicholas’s initials stand for ‘The Horseman’, his curse is Headless’ steed and his middle names are incredibly similiar to ‘Temple’ and ‘House’, it seems safe to say that, on top of being stalked by a universe-hopping horse, he’s also some kind of vessel for Headless.

do we have to ask for more details on submitting like the post said before doing it?

Hi the horse just wants a friend.
Please be nice to the horse

The Multiversal supergod planned his death??? Noooooooo…

Points have been added, you are now on cooldown.

@sock I’ll make some comments on your theories here.

• More Curses will eventually be made. I won’t tell you which of the two you listed.
  • War is likely, however that will only really take hold in the second half of whatever I have planned for the Second Act.
  • Our characters lives will be uprooted, you are correct with that.

You are now on cooldown, points have been added.

Forum Curses Entr’acte. Chapter 4: The Failings of a Failure - Writing - Arcane Odyssey

@Bio @tbd

1 Like

Morock

Task: 1
Name: Morock
Last name: Creed
Curse: None

Correct. You are on cooldown.

Incorrect.

he shouldn’t have had a curse, why else would he be using a knife to attack serena and her parents?

Not always up,
Weakness can always go down.