Forum kitchen

empress nilah sweat

istg you definitely did some sort of military service, or at least know people who did.

Horse Urine

Butter chicken with rice

Ah, a classic.

are we just ignore the fact that unc got put into several hours of school just to not be given food :skull:

My favorite food might be Maxaroni and cheese. If not, Garlic bread and lasagna.

My two main files (Corrina and Vega) both have favorite foods as well.

Might as well show off that I drew her with spaghetti in her hands once. The girl goes absolutely nuts for this stuff whenever eating it gets on her radar.

As for Vega, he also likes lasagna. Its similar to Corrina’s favorite food, but he likes the multilayered flavors more than spaghetti.

1 Like

I like garlic bread ofc, but I do like tatar too.

1 Like

Fried Rice because I made it everyday. It tastes especially good with vegetables, cephalopods, and some kind of soy sauce. I usually eat it with some kind of noodles that I buy from the Asian market.

1 Like

Ong, pair lumpiang shanghai with rice and you’re gonna be full and happy! :yum:

1 Like

fried rice with uhh fried thingies

I made myself an egg toast sandwich today
I put too much salt onto the eggs but ngl I never tasted the salt on eggs at all
Oh yeha it also has pepper on it

Finished it

1 Like

aight mates I just returned from camp and I didn’t eat just so I can show you what military food in Australia is like:

Alright so for context, cadets have these things called “Hunger buster ration packs” (ratpacks for short). This isn’t entirely the same food that the Australian Army eats, but most (maybe all) of the food is the same food provided to the Army.

(Note, there is a lot of different variations of what can be put into the rat packs, and there is a suggested menu. I got Spaghetti Bolognese. Not the best)
Now here’s the food with it unpacked:

If you can’t see it, zoom in. You can really see the Vegemite (Australian thing, for you all non-Aussies). That green thing in the bottom is NOT food, it’s a sponge covered in soap that you have to make wet in order to use.

I heavily regret saying this. It’s fire if the meal is chili con carne but otherwise it’s really really mid. I probably can’t stand a year just eating this.

The main meal (in this case Spaghetti Bolognese) is cooked by simply putting it in heated water.

By the way all of these food is made and packed and delivered from New Zealand. So if Australia was to ever go to war, New Zealand has us fed. Good on them!

1 Like

If I were to give the best thing I’ve eat, it’s gotta be my brother fried bread lumpia

Instead of using the typical lumpia casing, you use bread instead. and man… his cooking are great, like he even surpassed me in cooking and he is tree years younger than me.

You guys get lunch from school?
Anyways, pizza Margherita is an easy choice, although I also love anything that has spaghetti as a main ingredient.
Meatballs are also very nice.

1 Like

I mean, yea I’ve heard that military food generally sucks, but eat any kind of food, only that type, for two months, and you’ll also change your mind on it.

Looks decent .o.
They gave you canned spagetii in the MRE?

It’s not really called MRE’s here (idk its actual name, but it’s not MRE).
And whether you get the canned spaghetti or not depends on what pack you get. Like I said packs can vary widely in content.

I’ve decided to finally cook the MRE that has been sitting in my cupboard for a while. (Reminder this is the Spaghetti Bolognese MRE)

Granted, this is actually edible cold/not warmed up, and that’s often the case during war when you don’t have time to cook. Of course, when it tastes horrid if you don’t cook it. As you can see it’s pretty easy to warm up.
Just dunk it into a pot of water and wait. I also used chopsticks to taste its warmth from time to time.

How long you cook this MRE is up to you, I cooked it around 15 minutes.

Obviously when you’re out field you won’t have a bowl to eat this with, but this is what it looks like.

IT’S LITERALLY SLUDGE.

It’s below decent, but above terrible (unless you eat it cold). I’d give it a good 3/10 on rating. Obviously not something I would like to eat weeks in a row though.

1 Like

(When I say decent I was more so talking about the snacks :pensive: )
The biscuit cream sandwich and jam sandwich sounds like they’d be good. Usually most MREs are sought after for their snacks it seems. (Aside from a few good main meals)