Game changes

Lets say that Vetex somehow let you change/add/remove 1 thing from Arcane Odyssey what would it be?

Either transferring items between files, an inn/spawn setting system, or

3 Likes
2 Likes

Bet you wont make list of them?

If you only mean stuff in the game, I’d go with the Hunger mechanic. It doesn’t add anything like immersion into the game, buffs from cooking meals could be easily reworked into Potion Brewing (a relatively similar mechanic), and it’s little more than a nuisance.

A server list or servers with different player limits

jail time/evil pusnishments (navy boats, shops, lose bounty on death)

why. i wanna be evil but its too punishing for me

1 Like

more slots than 6
why yes i do want to make every build in ao
no i do not go outside, shower or talk to women

Remove crystal

add update with a large amount of cool content in it

remove that update 3 days later

1 Like

birds

If doing so was actually possible, maybe adding a mostly unique “gimmick” for every player. Would be unbelievably painful to make, though. Even more so if it needs to consider multiple files for one account, or people having multiple accounts. But I feel like it could be great, if everyone had their special thing.
(I felt inspired by the concept of EGO. And if introducing an actual “this reflects who you are” thing into AO without breaking every bit of balance that exists was possible, I’d do it. Probably.)

2 Likes

A bank system would be nice where you can deposit galleons or items that all of your files have access to

2 Likes

Remove terrain destruction. It’s more annoying than impressive or cool. Especially during boss fights. It’s not fun to fight elius and get stuck under a layer of terrain because the stone below it gave out first, and then get hit by all his bs like you suck at the game.

2 Likes

Terrain Destruction pisses me off sometimes. Most of the time, when I try to High Jump or use a Leap Spell in a crater, I’ll usually just end up climbing out of it and get my jump cancelled.

It’s not even like anything causes that much, it’s cool that magic can have that kind of destructive effect and all but most of the time the craters, even with something like explosion, aren’t really that large.

1 Like

Change the fame system so that pvp fame (for leaderboard) and npc/storyline fame (for deckhands) are different. Pvp fame is just the fame and bounty system as it is now, with you gaining fame from bounty hunting and bounty from assassinations. The npc/storyline side could just be general renown, and you get more by completing more quests and finishing the storyline. So, the higher your renown, the more famous you are in the Bronze Sea, and the better deckhands you can get. Players who’ve completed the storyline can recruit good deckhands, and players who’ve completed every quest can recruit the best ones. Maybe there’s a renown cap once you finish all the quests (because being able to get more by repeating quests is reminiscent of the current fame system in a way). Just an idea, so it’s not perfect. All I know is that it’s tiresome trying to farm an astronomical amount of fame so I can upgrade my deckhands but I have to worry about being assassinated. I would relate this to the global pvp system, but I know that’d just cause an argument and I’m not interested in debating with people who are just going to say “get gud lol.”

7 Likes

I’ve ignored deckhands as a mechanic because I don’t want to dedicate all my time to farming a stupid number up higher for a dumb npc when some idiot could just come up and kill me a few times, resetting my progress. I’d rather just pvp with a level 50 savant against four level 125 warlocks with thermo explosion than farm renown for stupid rng based npcs.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you. The npc bounty hunting system could use some work as well. Put some hideouts or some kind of camp-like structure on the islands where and when the npcs spawn, kind of like in Red Dead Online. Give them some bodyguards or partners-in-crime you have to fight. It’s just kinda anticlimactic that you’re hunting some high-bounty criminal and when you finally find them they’re just standing still in a swamp all alone staring at a tree. Also, give the bounty posters a purpose. If you hold it up to some npcs at Shell Island they could tell you what direction the bounty is in. The good news is the game is in Early Access, and that leaves lots of time for improving currently existing systems and mechanics within the game.

3 Likes

That’s genuinely impossible to add unless it’s a single player game. Creating the random gen system is hard enough (especially for uniqueness), but making it balanced for multiplayer would be horrid. It reminds me of Stands Online’s system but that still had the flaw where you just reset your stand until you get something good

1 Like