Help math homework (8th grade) DONE

@Soreority cmere free headless

bannable dont dont

ah fuck

was glad to be able to sacrifice one of my 11 headlesses but guess not

:frcryin:

So, uhm, this done? Or you still have some left?

I got these left

p sure 1st one ainā€™t proportional, yea y ticks up by 3 every 1 on x, but hereā€™s the thing
7/1 = 7
10/2 = 10
13/3 = 4.3ā€¦
16/4 = 4
now, itā€™s linear, but itā€™s not proportional, as seen above
all y/x values should be the same, but it isnā€™t, so itā€™s not proportional, idk, iā€™m in 8th grade but i also forget

2nd is proportional tho

1 Like

ā€¦

lost a bet and thats my username forever

Y-intercept is just the y value when x is at 0

1 Like

this is why you dont gamble, kids

1 Like

oh ty fam

you too ty

that moment when you are in pre-calc but canā€™t remember basic 8th grade algebra :fr:

Ok, so whenever you have one of these dependency tables or whatever, the easiest way to get the function formula is this:

• Find where you have x=0 (I assume you have that in most examples, but Iā€™ll later explain how to do it when you donā€™t have one where x=0)
  • Since you know that y=mx+b, just look at what y is when x=0 and you get b
  • To get m just pick any other row, put the x, y and b you got and solve for m

When you donā€™t have x=0, you solve it by doing this:

• Pick any 2 columns
  • Since you know that y=mx+b, and you have some y1=mx1+b and y2=mx2+b, if you subtract one from the other, the b is gone and you have y1-y2=m(x1-x2), so just solve for m
  • To now find b, pick any column, and plug the x, y and m you have and solve for m

I hope this is readable and understandable.

1 Like

that seems pretty readable to me and i have no braincells left after being forced to watch certain ā€œthingsā€

Aight I finished guys I can finally get my 2 hours of sleep. Ty guys, really.

gn fam

1. y-y1=m(x-x1)
    y-1=3(x-0)
    y=3x+1
    y-intercept b = 1
  2. y-y1=m(x-x1)
    y-1=0.5(x-0)
    y=0.5x+1
    y-intercept b = 1
  3. Slope represents the price of the pizza for the number of toppings added
    y-intercept represents the price of the pizza without toppings
  4. 150/30=5
    When he mows 5 lawns, he would earn a total of $150 which is the same as his fixed weekly salary. Therefore, the point at which Miguel would begin to earn more from fees than his fixed salary is after mowing 5 lawns.