How AO should be Updated according to my dream

Weirdly I had a dream about AO, which isn’t super uncommon when I’m playing a game. I’m going to type it up as fast as possible so I can recall as many details as I can. Most of my dreams pertain to something I did, but this dream was just filled with fallacies and completely wacky new content, so here are the patchnotes of my dreams:

Weapons
Sunken Shovel -

• A melee weapon with a ranged projectile loop of water. If the water cuts someone, it summons three skeletal sunken warriors who charge the target with spears. Don’t ask it’s just what happened.

Scythe -

• Had two moves I remember on this new weapon type. One was a basic ‘flying slash’ type attack, but the other was ‘Reap’ which was a lifesteal ability.

Dual Swords/Katana

• Teleport-based moves no longer consume air movement charges, and also have two second cooldowns.

World Cleaver

• A weapon from one of my stories, funny enough, somehow found its way into the dream. Massive AOE, slowest weapon in the game, can be used by any class for whatever reason. (I’m a warlock I don’t know why my dream lets me use a sword three times the size of a regular man, it’s clearly a strenght weapon). It’s main abilities are Fissure and Sky Cleave. Fissure slams to the ground, dealing a huge aoe and then destroying all terrain in a straight line. If you land in the water you instead summon a tsunami. Sky Cleave is an absolutely absurdly large ranged slash that can cover most of Munera, and also destroys clouds or Fog when it comes into contact.

Fighting Styles

Magic Fist

• Magic Fist makes a return as an upgrade to Basic Combat. However it only has three trees, which are Earth, Light, and Shadow. (Think I just realized my brain is trying to cover all the elements that we won’t get on fighting styles that were in the original AA.)

Knocking Fist

• Completely sucks. Was using it in my dream and the slow is monumentaly worse then potions, as well it doesn’t combo with Lightning, which I plan to imbue into the ACTUAL style. Also does like 40 damage with 90 power.

Way of the Beast

• A Fighting Style used by the Wolf Bandits, taught by a deserter elsewhere on the island named ‘Delta’. This Fighting Style greatly increased the stat changes for embodiments. I’d say roughly 3x more drastic? Hard to remember the numbers that popped up exactly on an imaginary UI in my head.

Professions
A big part of the dream was professions being done, and it’s completely unlike what I bet anyone was thinking, utter nonsense, but here we go nonetheless I suppose.

Cooking -

There are now restaurants you can run in towns. You prepare menus, and deposit the needed ingredients into the restaurant. Then when you ‘open’ you serve npcs by cooking meals from your own menu. Higher quality ingredients and higher skill leads to larger Galleon payout. Some people order Drinks, which is a new category of food item. You can customize the basic interior of your restaurant. Your friends can party up with you to help serve customers. Other players can also visit the restaurants, and will receive much longer lasting buffs than normal.

Restaurants have to be opened in large towns, so the only places you can open one in the dream were Palo, Rasna and Rubica.

Fishing -

You can now build your vessel around fishing, casting large nets into the water to catch a huge amount of fish. Ship size and net type matters a lot, and not even a Brig could cast a net to catch things like Collassal squid. You have to lay out the net above one of the diving spots and then wait quite some time. It takes up two attachment spots- both on the same side of your ship. After you catch fish you have to reel it in and you’ll get anywhere from 5-50 of a common or uncommon type.

Alchemy -

Brewing got needlessly more complex, now, you have to take into account, time of day, phase of the moon, and weather when brewing and you might get unique variations of potions. The only one my dream actually showed me was a ‘supercharged’ thunder potion which spawned a thundercloud with lightning that targetted players for a few seconds. (I vaugely think my brain stole this idea from Skyrim?)

Treasure Hunting -

Not much different, but now there are more unique clues, and for starter players there are ‘Treasure Maps’ which just outright show where the treasure is on the island, in exchange for less overall chests than normal. As for Unique clues, they only appear on higher tier charts. One example is “Under the Statue of a warrior” clearly referring to Limestone. (Even in my dreams I seek a limestone chart)

Merchant -

AO now has a dynamic economy with supply/demand. Merchant ships will despawn when they near an islands docks, then appear ‘docked’ at the island. While they are they offload whatever cargo they came with, and there are multiple types now. Every island sells three cargo types, and they’ll pay more for cargo they don’t get as often. However, if villains in the server are sinking merchants a lot, the price ticks up for the goods an island hasn’t received. Some islands have unique goods, for example, Ravenna has Wheat, Frostmill has Ice, etc. Not really sure about much else that’s all I remember of this feature as of now.

Chemist -

A random thing that popped up when I was dreaming was Chemist. They use different ingredients then Alchemists to make different reactions. The only two things I remember offhand was using Gunpowder barrels to craft explosive cannonballs, or a gold ingot to craft golden arrows.

And that’s it for now, that’s all I can remember from my dream that hasn’t slipped away from me. Wacky, nonsensical crap, and it makes me wonder if I might be going a bit crazy. Am I the only one who has had a dream like this?

If you got any questions about the dream I’ll try to recall details, but you could also just share your AO dreams if you’ve had any.

11 Likes

sunken shovel is so fucking funny I think we genuinely should be able to use shovels as weapons

16 Likes

Yeah lol. That’s the one reason I decided to share. Everything else was normal then I just recall seeing ‘Sunken Shovel’ as a weapon that popped up for like a minute in the dream when I used it.

You know how things happen in a dream and it’s totally normal in the moment then you wake up and are going ‘what the fuck’? That was a lot of this dream.

I’ve had so many dreams where I’ve played video games and I’ve seen things in the dreams that when I wake up I am shocked to discover they aren’t real

like I had a dream about AO having a “soul magic” as an option and the attacks kinda looked like psychic type moves from pokemon

1 Like

Maybe I should rework this topic into ‘Ao according to the Forum dreams’ lol

Now we have Soul magic.

I still think soul magic should be a thing like a lost/ancient magic or some kind of warden ability

also I made concept art for another thing that appeared to me in a dream

1 Like

I had a brief dream about AO where I started obtaining curses and “legendary artifacts” from basic treasure chests wondering what the fuck was going on and how I was getting this crazy loot.

then I started thinking that curses were specifically not meant to be obtainable by players then I asked myself what these artifacts were, then I asked myself when I even booted up the game then I woke up.

I had hardly even thought about AO around that time lol.

I never got a chance to learn what the dark blue curse was or what any of the legendary artifacts were since I woke up from sheer confusion.

Did I mention that all of this happened on what I distinctly remember to be a revamped Doom island from AA that had literally 0 reason to be in the war seas???

1 Like

Walter white builds finna go crazy

2 Likes

we should add beds in AO fr

you can sleep on a bed on an island to set your spawnpoint there so the next time you die/rejoin you spawn on the island you slept at last.

literally minecraft

1 Like

I remember in that one dead arcane adventures game (not AR) I beat up a bandit with a shovel.

let him cook??

7 Likes

I remember specifically in that scenario I knew this because I was dreaming that I was like, just talking with some people about the ‘new update’ (which didn’t exist it was all a dream) and how to get some of the new fighting styles and stuff. Super weird.

I unironically want way of the beast ingame now

maybe it works specifically to make the player use embodiments to an extreme degree

shovel skills when

Way of the beast sounds better as a focus technique alternative.
Imagine using a fighting style and using Way of the Beast: Snake and becoming faster (atk speed/agility) but your durability is reduced (1.25x increased damage received). Alternatively you could do Way of the Beast: Bear which could combine power/resistance focuses at the cost of your mobility. Kinda like embodiments but for the player (aura would be shaped to resemble the animal or the animal could be wrapped around the player).

i had a dream where AO had the depths (yes the depths from deepwoken, layer 1)

i was in a cave when multiple bright/neon/glowing enemies were swarming me and attacking me. there was another player who was with me in the AO depths. i peeked outside the cave and i just saw terrain upon terrain with a few dead trees.

the ao depths in my dream was better and way bigger than the deepwoken depths.

1 Like

Arcane Legacy. I know it.

restaurant tycoon x AO

damn walter white builds going crazy with these :fire:

“Umm this sounds like a suggestion. This needs to be taken down!” :nerd_face::point_up:

I had a dream about my dog so we should add my dog into AO or something