How do you think ancient civilizations explained certain magics

i mean magic was a gift so its not like they just found that randomly

1 Like

There’s probably many magic scholars that study the properties of elemental magics, i could see it being the case that they observe the magic elements and assume that they’re based off elements that they just haven’t discovered yet

gave unga bad berry. he fall asleep forever.
shoot unga with red ring. he fall asleep forever.
red ring must be bad berry

1 Like

if every form of magic discovered is based off something, safe to say a magic element not discovered in nature is still an element

I mean, can you really explain magic without involving some mythological stuff in the end?

magic was given by gods, Zeus exist so they most certainly know about lightning, plasma was a mutation so maybe someone already know of it ( as in knowing that plasma is really hot ) by the time it appear

idk about the War Seas, maybe the gods just straight up tell them or maybe they advanced much quicker and also discovered what plasma meant

water no drink, water attack

OOGA OOGA, CAVEMAN SANDAL EXPLAIN SPARKLE SHAPE POWER.

:iron_magic_var1: → MEAN ROCK NO COLOR BONK HEAD HARD

:magma_magic: → AAA!!! RED BAD WATER!!!

:plasma_magic_var1: → SPARKLY HOT AIR OOGA AAH AAHHH

:explosion_magic: → BIG ORANGE SPARKLE MEAN TO ROCKS

:fire_magic: → HOT SCARY FOOD COOK POWER!!! OOGA OOGAAA!!!

:lightning_magic_var1: → SKY SOUND MAKER VERY LOUD

:light_magic_var1: → PRETTY COLOR IT MAKE BUT HURT EYES

:acid_magic_var1: → SPICY WATER AAHH AHAHHAHAHHH!!!

:ice_magic_var1: → VERY COLD ROCK MAKE TONGUE SAD

:poison_magic_var1: → FUNNY FART POOP OOGA OOGA GUAAHAHA!

:ash_magic: → SCARY DARK MONSTER THAT COME FROM ANGRY MOUNTAIN THAT CREATE RED BAD WATER

:snow_magic: → COLD AND SOFT AND MAKE WATER

:shadow_magic: → SCARY DARK SHAPE WHEN LIGHTS AND LOOK LIKE MONSTER THAT MAKE ME SMASH WALL OOGA OOGA!!!

:water_magic_var1: → WATER RAAAAAAHHH RAAAAHHHH OOOGAGAGAGAGAGA AAAAARRRHHHH RAAA!!!

:crystal_magic_var1: → PRETTY COLOR ROCK THAT MAKE PRETTIES EVERYWHERE

:sand_magic_var1: → YUMMY CRUNCHY FOOD FOR CAVEMAN SANDAL WHEN HUNGRY

:wood_magic_var1: → IT MAKE GOOD BONK STICK TO HIT OTHER CAVEMANS AND KILL FOOD OOGA BOOGA!!!

:glass_magic: → MEAN INVISIBLE ROCK THAT APPEAR WHEN THE ANGRY LOUD SKY SOUNDS ATTACK THE YUMMY CRUNCHY FOOD, MAKE FEET CUT!!!

:earth_magic_var1:

RRRROOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!

16 Likes

Ancient Civilization irl assumed myths and gods to explain where natural disasters came from, like Crete’s earthquakes were explained by the Minotaur screaming shaking the island, and any other sea storm was explained by Poseidon not liking you.

Them trying to figure out why it does what it does, I’d say its trial and error just like everything in human history. Since AA had actual gods with their respective element, maybe it was easier to find out what they did

i wonder how paper magic existed before civilization

it probably didn’t, though, when paper was invented, I bet some silly ahh magical powers went like “oh hey that human invention is pretty based lemme clip that rq” and then paper was born

this is canon

so you are still there after all

:shushing_face:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :camera:
:camera: :light_magic_var1:

1 Like

explain flare
flare guns arent invented after 1859
oh wait
at that time they couldve just let a random conjurer imbue the flare magic into a flintlock

earthquakes be like:

1 Like

Probably discovered them sooner but had no actual idea what they were about, just a rough idea of what they were.

no cavemen were harmed in the making of that comment

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.