How long does it take for Crystallized effect to despawn?

When a player gets the crystallized effect (once a few crystal spells hit a target), how long does it take for the crystallized effect to go away? If it takes a long time, there is a potentially overpowered strategy.

Light has a 25% damage bonus against crystallized enemies. It also has the unique ability of not shattering the crystals. That means multiple light spells can be used on a crystallized target and each of them has the 25% damage bonus. If the crystallized effect lasts a while, someone can use a large AOE crystal attack to inflict the crystallized status effect, then continuously use light spells as if they were solely a light user. This means light’s damage would effectively be boosted by 25% until the crystallized effect goes away, at which point it could be reinflicted with another crystal AOE attack.

This could potentially mean a permanent 25% damage boost to light with the only cost of having to use a crystal attack every now and then.

10 seconds

Can you show me where you found that?

You also realize it’s cleared by Lightning, Explosion, Magma, Metal, and Earth right?

1 Like

You mean by those magics charging? Then what is even the point? Those are very common magics and, since it takes a while to hit 5 times, they render crystal useless against those magics.

yes

It doesn’t take 5 to apply the effect, it takes 4 to max out layers and 5 to explode them.
The first layer is already crystalized and will work for every interaction listed.

That makes more sense (I thought you needed 4 to get the interactions). I still feel like, considering you can clear it in under a second, Crystal is very weak against these magics.

You’d still need exactly 1 second, magics take 1 second to clear and that status effect can’t be reapplied for 2 seconds after being cleared

1 Like

Close enough.

Crystal is actually unique in the way that when you clear it, it only clears 1 of the Crystals rather than all of them. I’m not sure if you can bypass the cooldown for reapplying though.

And also to answer the question from earlier, no the status does not refresh.

1 Like

pog, imagine multi 4 beam(Level 105 ik but that’s soon enough after TGR)

Oh yeah and also more facts:

When other magics shatter the Crystals they don’t get the extra +50% damage bonus, just the bonus listed in the interactions. They also do not shatter every Crystal, just one.

And if it wasn’t already clear the +50% bonus is based off of your attack, it doesn’t add on top like I theorized so you can’t just like beam them and deal massive dmg.

Crystal doesn’t seem broken as of now but then again I’m no expert. However it didn’t seem to be excessively powerful so far.

1 Like

So if you land 4 crystal attacks then 4 metal attacks (which would be very difficult), you can essentially deal the same amount of damage as 4 crystal attacks plus 5.6 metal attacks.

Expires in 10 secs with no refresh, low low chance of happening.

2 Likes

Yeah basically, if you can hit all 4 metal attacks before all the Crystals run out that is, keep in mind you have a 10 second window to apply all Crystals AND hit all metal blasts.

1 Like

Nevermind then. I guess it would be possible if you alternate crystal and metal.

Yeah if you alternated it would work

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.