Iris does not have Daddy Issues (I have proof!)

Headcannons & Explanation

RIP to Iris's dad you would've loved flannel.

So during my time on the forum I've notice a prevailing sentiment (I saw a single comment) that Iris has "daddy issues." I disagree, I don't feel that a young woman would want revenge against the country which took her father away if he hadn't been an exceptional parent. My personal backstory (which shall certainly be ripped asunder by Vetex in later chapters) is that Iris' family The Lasadhs (meaning Flare or light up in Scottish) used to be a family of grand magical power, with nearly all of their children being born with fire magic. However, very rarely one of the children would be born with the family's heritage. Flare magic, yes in my brain rotted head I like to believe that Iris was born with Flare magic due to one of her ancestors having invented it. This has absolutely no basis in game, but is cool to think about.

Lawrence in this story was a blacksmith of high renown, being friends with some of the high society individuals of Ravenna, including one up and coming lieutenant general Julian. Upon Julian's premotion Lawrence gifted the young general a fine set of armor. Upon seeing this armor Calvus wished to meet with the blacksmith who forged it, as he had a project he wished to commission. During their meeting, Lawrence found a book explaining The Order. Calvus was surprisingly genial about this, as the work he wished to be forged would further The Order's goal. Lawrence disgusted by what he'd read refused, and Calvus feeling "merciful" decided to let Lawrence go. However, there are many other blacksmiths in the world that posed less of a danger than Lawrence, so Calvus had the man silenced.

References

20 Likes

I like the design of the Lawrence . I need more happy art like this.

1 Like

Glad you liked it, I’m planning to do more with him. I just need to figure out how to draw him gifting the armor to Julian. I’m also thinking of a comic where Julian reacts to his execution.

3 Likes

This is good. :nod: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I fucking read his name as “Lawrence Leshi”
I need to stop playing Deepwoken :sob:

(this is very cool stuff tho!)

1 Like

She does as he was unwilfully taken by the Order for questioning…
Permanently. Either that or Iris Dad is gonna be a brainwashed Baron.

Okay, but then the issue is with The Order, not her father. She’s not blaming her father for being killed; she’s blaming The Order for killing him. Having grief relating to your father’s death doesn’t constitute daddy issues.

References: image

1 Like

Doesn’t change the fact that part of her life was growing up fatherless. Although now I’m wondering about who is Iris’s mother exactly… Also dead or just absent?

So, I might agree with you if the timing wasn’t off. From my understanding of the game, Iris’s father was arrested at most a month before the story gets started. Iris was already an adult; she didn’t grow up fatherless. Finally, from my understanding, daddy issues come from a lack of parental love. If her father had abandoned her on purpose, then yes, daddy issues would be present. However, since her father was unjustly arrested, her issues again wouldn’t be with her father; it all comes back to The Order.

Looks like we got a daddy dilemma going on here :thinking:(someone quote this)

Don’t worry, I can be her daddy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

when i die im gonna kick lawrences ass /j

My genuine reaction:

Screenshot_2023-12-09-17-49-16~2

Got a bit jumpscared by his name ngl

But in all honesty, what a cool design! He’s seems very interesting, and I did not expect that headcanon involving Julian. Also, super wholesome art, makes me sad we never got to see him. I wanna see more of him, keep cooking >:D

1 Like

Why did you get jumpscared by his name?

my warlord is also named lawrence lol

This makes me sad :frowning:

Then I’m doing my job :slight_smile:

(Edit): btw what specifically made you sad? Just want to know.