Is arcane odyssey becoming a glorified blox fruits clone?

how is improving every single part of the game killing everything unique?

3 Likes

OMG GUYS!!! :scream: THERE IS WATER AND BOATS IN THE ARCANE ODYSSEY :water_magic_var2: :ocean: :sailboat: THIS MEANS :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :clap: :smirk: THAT :person_cartwheeling: THIS IS BLOX FRUITS CLONE!!1!!11! :pear: :scream_cat: :smirk_cat: AND THERE IS A COMBAT SYSTEM!!1!! :person_fencing: :fist: :explosion_magic: THAT’S SO UNORIGINAL!!!11!!! :anger: :rage: :sob: IT’S NOT LIKE THERE AREE COUNTLESS EXPLORATION GAMES WITH MAGIC BASED COMBAT!!1!!!11!! :alien: :clown_face: :poop: :bowl_with_spoon: DEEPWOKEN IS COPY OF BLOX FRUIT TOO BECAUSE THERE IS OCEAN AND FIGHTING TOO RIGHT?? :nauseated_face: :crying_cat_face: :rofl:

24 Likes

this might answer some of the questions you have

(also ignore super hostile replies you get, this happens often enough to be annoying for some :frcryin:)

5 Likes

That was probably just people joking about how curses are basically just devil fruits.

1 Like

Nah

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s becoming a blox fruits clone. There are very few similarities between the two of them, and majority of those similarities are pretty superficial and fall apart upon closer inspection. Even elements of AO that you believe are copied/inspired by blox fruits most likely come from one of vetex’s previous games, Arcane Adventures, which I believe came out before Blox Fruits did.

Yes, both games are sea-based games with elemental powers and a stat point system. But the similarities end there. While blox fruits is nearly a simulator with no real purpose to the game other than levelling up and PVP, Arcane Odyssey is a story-driven exploration game with tons of immersive features. You said the revamp is killing everything unique about the game, but which unique features are leaving except for the dynamic NPCs and Cultures? Everything that is being replaced in Arcane Odyssey is a significant upgrade compared to WoM, including the features that were removed.

I made a post earlier this year about some of the features Vetex had developed this year, it might help you get a bit of a better idea of how AO will be and how it’s entirely an improvement from WoM: Arcane Overview - TGR in 2022

If you could elaborate more on why you think it’s a blox fruits clone we could better explain/discuss it, or answer any questions you have on AO

18 Likes

Everything about AO screams “unique” and “innovative”

It’s not even comparable to a game like blox fruits in every aspect, it has a actual unique story, a different and fun combat system (from what we’ve seen), a immersive world, a cool looking map, and funny lore

Idk what your on but uhh like the many people above me asked, what makes you think it’s a wannabe one piece game?

I think this take is dumb because this game is literally a sequel to AA, which came out 4 years before fucking blox fruits.

in certain aspects, it might

:popcorn: :fr: what the fuck is a blox fruits

pay to win pvp “simulator”

(in other words, literally nothing like AO outside of having oceans and boats and islands and a stat point system)

1 Like

Blox fruits is a down graded deepwoken clone.
Evidence 1#: THERE IS WATER IN AO AND THERE IS BOATS GRR :rage:

yea

6 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Live reaction:

never played bloxfruits.
continue arguing
:popcorn: :fr:

Summary

I love your entire approach divanochi, this is why people like you SHOULD be testers/mods.
Anyways we havent played arcane odyssey but what makes you think its a “glorified blox fruits clone” nothing about arcane odyssey is remotely related to or inspired by blox fruits. i could name 10+ features off the top of my head that arcane odyssey has that blox fruits doesnt. anyways what makes you say that?

2 Likes

As far as I see this account + thread it’s just for trolling. He’s made two posts. No replies. Both suggesting what was said.

4 Likes