Is mage objectively the hardest class to balance in arcane odyssey

I remember someone stating that vetex said you could switch out your 1st magic, but I might be gaslighting myself

vetex made a game that he thought was cool one day and wanted to make a sequel in an age of roblox game balance
so, despite it being the obvious favorite don’t even try and question that, yeah, it’s probably one of the bigger cans of worms out there

isn’t that only related to environmental effects? you can still deal less damage if you or other players apply statuses that have negative synergy

your own magics can’t have negative synergies with each other anymore i think, it’s not just the environment

You can very much deal less damage from environmental effects. Heat magics do less damage to things that are in water (except lightning)

isn’t it the other way around? environmental effects utterly fuck over my explosion mage and the wind on my lightning mage, but I dont experience the light-shadow negative synergy on my light mage

1 word
cough cough
savant

as of now savant is actually pretty balanced (if not a little underpowered)

I made a post about the problems with making those stats scale here.

Hilariously enough, World of Magic used outcome 3, when it could have handled outcome 1 decently well because the entire map was one giant landmass, so it would be hard for super fast or super large blasts to be oppressive since it was so easy to run away.

Regeneration could be another stat. It’s an arbitrary numeric value instead of something that translates into physically messing with the collisions of the game, and health gained from the Defense stat no longer increases regeneration, so Defense doesn’t have that stat built-in into it anymore.

1 Like

You’re gonna love the Wind/Gravity/Equinox atk size mage I have planned (maybe intensity too if atk size isn’t good at increasing the knockback of wind or the pull of Gravity; good luck balancing it all though :skull: )

Good idea, though seeing as that’s kinda the point of cooking, it probably wouldn’t fly.

wardens with 300+ regen builds (chaos itself cannot kill them)

Chaos Vs God’s weakest warden build

if you know, you know.

Oh no not that guy

I always found it hilarious that Light, Wind, Poison and Lightning all have 0,7x Resistance Aura multiple (they’re the 4 seconds lowest), and suddenly there’s glass with 0,15x

That’s like 450 investement at our current level, wich is litteraly the max you can get, I don’t think you can go any +110% bonus in a substat

B) Boring, there would be no reason to grind for them

wind magic…

You’d still get effects from having stats, they’d just be less powerful overall.