Man the more i play on Empty AO servers, the more i cement myself on the belief that this game should be singleplayer

if vetex can figure out what’s bogging the game’s performance down, he can work on improving it
(1.14.38)

Isn’t the culprit just memory leaks? Or is it more complicated than that.

I am not a coder.

there’s a lot more behind the scenes

while there are memory leaks still present in the game COUGH 5000MB CLIENT MEMORY those aren’t the only problem, joining the game and immediately having your fps halved in a new server is telling.

Wait what
How do you see this?

f9, game normally stagnates around 3500mb but when you’ve been in a server doing ?? for too long it goes well over 5000 which is fine for any modern game but a very bad sign for roblox

It felt a lot more fun.

Starting the game along with everyone else made the game feel a lot bigger, because barely anyone knew about all the islands. It was really fun to just punch the jaw pirates to death with just a group of 4 other people that were doing the same quest and so many global messages were sent about the release of the game, and how they found cool stuff already.

the next day I decided to continue playing a bit while I was at the frostmill part in the story. While there I met another person that was doing that part and was busy farming the ice smugglers. we talked for a bit and we decided to defeat Iris together, since we both hadn’t actually tried to fight her yet. It went as smoothly as you would imagine 2 new players fighting a boss that they knew nothing about. We did take her out and we got a bit bored of frostmill, so we decided to try to go to another island. We didn’t actually know which islands were which, because we’d only seen like 4 different ones. So while we were sailing to palo (I think, idk for sure also because the player marker thingy) we came across a pirate ship, which of course, started attacking us. We didn’t have any cannons so we just decided to abandon our sailboat and try to board their boat and defeat them that way.
One small issue: There was a white eyes right under our boat.
it aggro’d and one shot both of us.
After that I kinda got bored and decided to farm some more ice smugglers trying to lvl up to lvl 40 so I could do the next story quest.

That was, and still is, one of my favourite experiences in AO

2 Likes

im hoping nimbus release is a lot like this, because i really do enjoy this kind of interaction
i feel that it’ll be a lot more chaotic though

Back before the dark sea update I was in an empty server farming renown in preparation for getting more deckhands on the brig. It was great, the only person who joined at all in 4 hours was Mimhere who left about 20 seconds later.

after the update it’s a lot easier for me to find servers with less lag so the optimization is somewhat working

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.