Mastery Mechanic (no suggestions)

After testing the mastery mechanic multiple times in the test universe, i believe that maxing out the mastery is too fast and won’t really prevent meta-hopping, so i believe that mastery should time-gated, meaning you will only be able to increase 1 tier of mastery per day (reset at 20:00 est) this way the amount of punches needed for mastery won’t change but it will further prevent people from meta-hopping. you could bypass the daily time-gate for like 50 robux so that you can support vet.

6 Likes

I thought vet didnt want to make this a complete p2w would the 50 robux go against that

not really p2w since you don’t get an advantage that is only reached via money, everyone can get max mastery if they wait for it, but you can make it faster if you give money

Interesting to see a tester’s perspective on this. I do disagree with paying to bypass the cooldown though

6 Likes

this idea is so goated Beans, but i think 50 robux is too little… maybe raise it to 150 robux?

maybe price could scale with the rarity of the fighting style, like if it was a lost fighting style, yeah it’d be like 200 robux to skip a day

1 Like

200 robux is quite a lot, but i do believe that could support vetex a lot in a way.

i also feel like 1 day is quite a lot for each mastery tier, i believe it should be lowered.

to how long, might i ask?

i dislike this idea.
here is a scenario: new fighting style drops.
people with money just get tier 5 before anyone else can get tier 2. There should not be an option to bypass it with robux.

this is truly an ao forum moment

6 Likes

could add a 1 day cooldown on the day skip, so people can only skip a day every other day, if you catch my drift

perhaps

i’m not quite sure what time would be a good fit, but for people who are active in the game a 1 day time-gate would not be a good idea. i’m not sure how much progressing takes, but i’m sure that it would be too much of a slowdown of progression.

the game will last for years so and there will be more then enough time for people to max out their fighting style, thats just me though

While I kind of see the intent of this, I’m not really sure I agree with it; I understand the system’s supposed to discourage meta-hopping and incentivize staying with your fighting style, but having it time-gated seems like it would be more of a trivial chore than anything and is pretty unimmersive.

I think maybe just making mastery harder to rank up rather than making it simply take longer might be a better route, I don’t have any ideas for that myself but I know that a few people do

I think gamepasses are supposed to be more quality-of-life rather than things that actually give a feasible advantage, like helping you max out your mastery faster

1 Like

what i mean is, how would the progression be compared to other class builds. if you’re progressing in the game fast, and you’re already a high level and you want to get into pvp, and pve, you have to wait at least a day just to progress your mastery style again. while other classes can progress faster and get more out of their builds quicker.

time-gated wouldn’t really change thing, cause most people have school or work, so just hopping on for 5 minutes every day for the next tier should be fine, as for the gamepass, i’d say this is more of a quality of life thing, since this won’t give you an edge on your opponents during a fight

other classes have their own disadvantage, you have to upgrade and find the weapons and enchant them correctly, for magic you can’t change it at all, so its only fair for fighting style to have its own disadvantage

i agree with that, i just think a day is too much. yes, theres people with school and other thing, but theres a lot of people on roblox who have a ton of time on their hands. a day for each mastery tier just to be upgraded would be quite the downer since you either put all your points or half of your points into making fighting style viable. having to wait 3-5 days just to max out a fighting style is quite the disadvantage.