Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

The happiest day of Biologol’s life so far.

Unrelated, but assuming that at some point in the story the player gets a free Lost Magic/FS/Weapon, what will Oracles/Wardens get? Spirit Weapons are made out to be very rare in-lore, so what extremely rare thing would a build made entirely around hard-to-find stuff get?

Im gonna assume that the multiple Spirit Weapons will just be a gameplay thing, and not be reflective of the actual rarity. But the common items will be the super old ones that are barely functional (like how the common weapons work), and the rarer/higher tiers have better usability.

However, in the beginning of the story, the player is actually given the 3 main things for the 3 main builds (magic, basic combat, and a weapon).

My guess is that MC will also be given a Spirit Weapon in the beginning of the story, and all players are probably given that item for free (uhhh… hopefully)

2 Likes

crackpot theory, what if the Gods made spirit weapons the stronger the more devoted the follower they gave them to was and the common spirit weapons are sorta shitty stuff they gave to people who met the bare min. requirement of loyalty to have one, that somehow survived the test of time

I remember seeing a theory similar to this a while ago, like Morden giving the MC a necklace or ring or some other accessory that belonged to Tucker, to remember him by, and it turns out to be a basic spirit item. Seems like the best way to do it, and makes it a little more story significant.

1 Like

it really did take like 3 or so years for the lazy pack to be added

this has truly been a loomian legacy worth of waiting time

Now we just need…
Paladin → Saint or Cleric
Knight → Paladin
Juggernaut → Zealot
Savant → Hybrid

4 Likes

Nah, Savant works as is.

Totally agree with the others, though.

The definition of a Savant is someone very experienced, usually in a single thing, so it’s kind of a weird name for the build that uses everything. I guess you could say that “single thing” they have mastery in is combat as a whole, and I suppose I’d accept that, even though I think it’s awkward.

That is exactly the point of the naming, at least according to the wiki. The study of combat, in general, but no specialization in any particular branch of it. Personally, I think it fits, but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

I somehow predicted this change.

Huh.

Aight, so, this is probably a stupid question, but how do I access the new updates? Just manage to find a new enough server orrr…?

it isnt out yet bruv

Right yeah, figured as much, after rejoining servers for the past 20 minutes.

The patch notes won’t be added to the main game until 1.16 (or any major release thereafter), these are all just patch notes getting pushed to the test server but we get to see them publically

I dont want to sound like a grumpy grandpa, but the fact that it took so long to rename to lore accurate name, kinda shows that spirit weapons were never even thought out mostly.
I bet the only reason our first mention of CORE FEATURE OF 1 OUT OF 4 MAIN ROUTES is all the way in the Nimbus Sea, is cause vetex was like:

guh, oh yeah, spirit weapons were never mentioned…Uhhh…lets add the lore here and here…and uhh…oh yeah, Oracle, sounds cool.

Like, how the hell can you not mention core feature of 1 out of 4 routes untill the 2nd sea :sob:
Is vitality a special child, where “special” is “specially abled”

3 Likes

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, vetex is doing everything in his power to push off the development of spirit weapons

i heard from somewhere, that Vetex forgot about spirit weapons on initial release, that why we did’nt get s.weapons, but it might be just rumors

1 Like

Frankly, I have no clue why vitality/weapon was called knight

or maybe spirit weapons are just so rare that like 5 people in the entirety of the bronze sea know about them, but simply don’t feel like talking about them because they’re busy doing other things

they would be way more known in Sameria of course, since one of the high ranking military people uses one as their main way of fighting.
if, for example, Argos also used spirit weapons, basically everyone who knows about the bronze legion would also know about spirit weapons

1 Like

“I think I’ll add the weapon customization first, it’ll be quick and easy, and spirit weapons will use it as well so I’ll save time otherwise spent making them support this system later on”
“ZOMG!! HE IGNORED THE POLLS! HE FUCKING HATES SPIRIT WEAPONS!!! OH MY GOD!!!”

I’m so mad
Punching air
He’s working on spirit weapons next shut up!!! God!!
this isn’t specific to the person I’m replying to either

1 Like