Question for artists

-sometimes I do this, but looking in a mirror at yourself can give you a fun mental exercise, try to use your mind to imagine yourself breaking down into simple shapes like cubes, prisms, and spheres, or see whatever sticks out to you that you could implement into your drawings, after all, you’re technically a living anatomy template in a way.

I tend to just study how other artists make lines, and remember that it means everything to keep your art proportional.

the amount of advice I’m getting has fried my last braincell

More Advice lmao, as you I worked really hard and after a year my art is beautiful and epic, well in my eyes, as an artist you MUST, and I mean it, BE OPEN TO CRITIZICM, and also like your own art, ive done that countless times and its helped me draw freely before, Also things that may come your way…:

• Using Reference is a really, really good thing to do, ive used many references in the past and it has built my Drawing “style” in a way that I want it more, personally I used manga art from JJK to do hands, faces, expressions, stuff like Cross Hatching and Hatching to shade. I got more freedom and more creativity after using my AO char as a model to what they would look like as a human, using that and putting my skill ive gotten a lot of drawings I can appreciate from such as this one:
  • Another tip I have is, have good moral, me personally I listen to songs while I draw, some use Lo-Fi music to concentrate, but personally… I draw greatly depending what that drawing is more similar too. For my Jujutsu Kaisen drawings I listened to JJK similar songs, for my AO songs I listened to music similar to godlyness and stuff like AO theme songs, for my Historical drawings which I rarely do, I listen to 1812, and mostly upbeat songs, this is just a optional tip but it really helps to see your character in a way you never imagined it could be.
  • As a newer artist on the forums, an intermediate artist, please, I repeat this, please do not let problems in life effect your drawings, especially how you’ll start thinking, “Oh this drawing is bad…” “this needs more work…” “I hate myself, this drawings TRASH…” Trust me this mindset is very harmful to your art, and as a person who got back into art, it one hundred percent cured my Depression, hitting low 3 times is truly hard, but you must stay strong, if you are going through that, I wish you the best of luck truly.