Reminders for AO (Part 2)

I feel like a new magic (the magic combat system is already made) is much different from Fighting Styles which hasn’t been touched at all, maybe the boss will be planned to have it but won’t use it until vetex makes it (like some hostile ship npcs)

The about vetex developing fstyles very close to the end of development is that this leaves the dot ye with little to no bosses and even story npcs that use f styles.
Of course npc ships and structures exist but those would just be thrown into the many ways random npcs can attack.
The other problem is that if he decided to change if a couple story npcs/bosses used fstyles instead of what they had, he would effectively have to remake the entire fight(if it was a boss) or fix any bugs that occur with fighting said npcs

3 Likes

Yeah that’s my thought, there would be like no major early game representation of fighting styles, ignoring stock respawning npcs that will obviously have the ability to use them

It’ll work out sooner or later

1 Like

I really doubt that he would completely replace a boss’ moveset just to put Fighting Styles in it unless it was a simple placeholder, but if he just doesn’t actually finish the boss until he starts development on Fighting Styles then nothing much would change, I do hope he adds Fighting Style users in the release story because having no “major” Fighting Style user for 120 levels of storyline would be pretty weird

2 Likes

10 days 552 replies

Vetex could make a boss/NPCs with fighting style-esk moves. He’s already kind of done this with Mino’s Bull Charge, which really isn’t a weapon move since it’s just him running straight. A boss/NPC can have attacks like these where it’s physical in nature but not linked to magic or weapons, just like a punch with a shockwave effect or something.

Idk if this boss would be like that but a boss’ moveset is not limited to either magic or weapons and can be any number of things or a combination of them. Mino’s Bull Charge and Mighty Kick are not weapon skills but still exist. It’ll be fine imo. I imagine side boss/NPCs will use fighting styles, even early on since any portion of the game can be tweaked rn without having to worry a whole lot. Exiled’s Quick-Step is a completely unique move to him, other bosses can have something similar where their moves are custom made for them and since they’re custom they can be whatever Vetex wants them to be.

tldr; bosses and NPCs can’t have fighting styles rn but Vetex can code custom moves for them that act like fighting styles

5 Likes

I’ve been working under the idea that pretty much all boss attacks are custom made, the language patch notes use makes it seem that way. Even attacks made by magic users, though those are probably often based off of magic skills.

It feels like there is 1 more boss before baron

4 Likes

Im sure that there will be fighting style npcs when vetex makes fighting styles, but I doubt that he’d do them right now

I kinda agree with this but with how AO is looking it seems like vetex wants to make it so that things are as modular as possible, hence bosses using highly varied weapon skills and vetex hinting at the fact that higher level weapons would be able to have skills similar to the sky boss.
So it wouldn’t make sense to make attacks that are like fighting styles cause that adds unnecessary code that he could have just making fighting styles and have the previously aforementioned skill as a customizable fighting style technique

1 Like

Bricks :brick:

2 Likes

That wasn’t fake tho

wym that was a fake ping it was a link to vetex
@Derp real ping
@Derp fake ping

Yoooo?? I look away from the forums for like a month and reminders for AO gets a sequel!!?? :poggerfish:

Kinda crazy aint it

Oh

But where’s the # next to it saying how many people clicked the link?

Formatting stuff :person_shrugging:

I think the concealment overrides the number of people who clicked