Reminders for AO (Part 2)

Back to basics also whitesummer
Got this while @Divanochi was distracted

Whitesummit seems like a nice place

Why would you want Basic Combat

Wait, scratch that.
If we donā€™t invest any points into Strength or Weapons, will we just forget the Basic Combat that we spawn with / be unable to equip weapons like how magic works?

I mean base combat is probably still going to be okay to use

For forgetting basic combat, itā€™s likely that youā€™d eventually forget it if you donā€™t go for a strength build like how you would forget your magic if you didnā€™t have a magic build, but for not able to equip weapons that would never happen because of arcanium weapons and things like wands/staves and stuff like arm weights which could exist and amplify your attacks even if you donā€™t use normal weapons

If you donā€™t like the combat you have (ex: boxingā€™s gloves and knockback) and donā€™t plan on going strength route

Also rereading this made me notice something, the fighting styles overall effects will be lesser at lower mastery tiers, I assume this means visuals as well as the effects such as thermofistā€™s speed/damage/heat build up, sailorfists aoe water bar thing, boxings knockback and knockingfists paralyze

4 Likes

that moment when maxed mastery Sailor Fist is literally just water magic

how long does it take to remaster a fighting style? same as learning it for the first time?

Yeah (as far as we know).

I think lost fighting styles will take longer to master.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s been recognized for a while that most fighting styles share similarities to magic in terms of effects. Thermofist ā†’ fire, sailor fist ā†’ water, boxing ā†’ wind, knocking fist ā†’ lightning, etc.

This is most likely to offer fighting styles some of the benefits of elemental effects in a different play style than magic (Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be other elemental weapons like sunken sword in the near future too)

1 Like

So that would give warlocks elemental synergy potential (like lightning magic infused Sailor Fist).

Yeah, when vet talked about how magic infused into special weapons would have interactions (for example ice infused sunken instantly applying frozen) I assumed the same thing would apply to magic infused fighting styles

1 Like

Sunken trident also

given that only a select few fighting styles are being added and things like crane or karate arenā€™t going to be out till release iā€™m sticking with it for my main file. they might fit the build of it later whenever we see them but for now and ontop of the new mastery iā€™d rather just select the one ik will fit from seeing the fighting styles on my other files rather than experiment in one go dealing with the mastery.

Crane is going to be on release tho

Welcome to the forums!

I am obligated to ping @ThatOneGuy so we flood this topic to death

2 Likes

yes