Reminders for AO (Part 2)

SHADOW MAGIC EFFECT !!!
(yes you stupid AI this is a complete sentence)

Im waiting for sand

also me realising its in the last 6 magics on the list

Test me :smiling_imp:

Yooo looking forward to it

Looking forward to it even more

(If it’s a riddle I hope I don’t lose sleep over it again like the dove/eagle one)

We nearly allready at 2k

I hope its not a puzzle

I hope it’s the entirety of AO’s plot in extreme detail some kind of lore drop

9 Likes

Excited to see how crystal ends up looking. I did rename myself after it. With the effect and improved visuals it might even be worth using!

2 Likes

Even if it doesn’t look super good I could imagine a very good “synergy” between crystal and thermofist as a warlock

the only point of heavy slashes was to bypass blocking,
in pve:

• npcs dont visually block (for now). you cant know when they will nor will you really get any benefit from it if you guessed right. sure, youll get full damage on your hit, but spamming normal slashes would still likely deal more damage.
    even then, its pointless unless you are fighting a single npc that you want to combo or something. youll fight groups of weak npcs or solo bosses most of the time

in pvp:

• nobody uses melee. weapons are supposed to be used for skills.
  • even if you found someone mainly using melee, you cant really react to their slashes by blocking to the point its worth it for the other guy to break your block

why it was annoying:

• heavy slashes were used by right clicking. its okay with shiftlock but it forces you to reaaaaally pay attention to your right clicks when moving the camera without shiftlock, since doing so at any point when you had a weapon out would eat like a third of your stamina midair.
    it was so detrimental stamina wise that you were better to unequip then reequip your weapon or use a skill just for the sake of moving your mouse back on your mousepad and right click again.
  • you can argue the keybind could have been changed. however, most keys used for spells are already taken by skills and having heavy slashes linked to long left click like in wom is pretty clunky
3 Likes

But didnt the original keybind for heavy slashes use to be just holding down left click

i would also add that holding left click is way too slow when the point of using heavy slashes in the first place is to break blocks

If your plan is to make all the magic look good I can’t wait to see what Glass Magic looks like.

1 Like

Plot Twist: You can’t see it cause it’s see-through.
He made it too realistic

2 Likes

i think it will look like glass

glass panes

I don’t use wood magic but I want the attacks to look like wood logs or have a wood texture bc rn it looks like the wood you get from home depot

2 Likes

bro i can’t wait for people to start spamming “Seek riches” when any female npc appears

2 Likes

I hope the pillar explosion can just be a tree

2 Likes

Bro we haven’t even completed one of the riddles :skull: