Rivals: An Upgrade

Rivals: An Upgrade
effort 4.9 10 quality 4.916666666666667 12 reasonability 4.636363636363637 11

I feel like this is the closest we’ll get to the best-case-scenario, not saying that’s what my suggestion is btw. It’s still annoying to have to rejoin and sail back to an island because an insurmountable enemy designed for somebody stronger than you decided to spawn there.

Rivals could be so much more than they are now. People shouldn’t forget about their Rivals!

1 Like

Sign this man immediately. He has cooked. Also a good secondary feature could be if an alternate NPC (Such as marines) interrupts, then your rival will attack the incoming interlopers instead while you and your rival gain a shield against eachother (To add an extra layer of depth to the rivavlry so it feels actually alive.)

3 Likes

Randomness cooking as always

1 Like

y e s .

Rivals are such a cool feature and it sucks that the only time you ever interact with them is when you are specifically hunting them down (which, as of current, is no longer as special since the formerly exclusive treasure charts are now avaliable to all high level NPCs) or when you randomly stumble across them while looting an island they can spawn on.

Only reason I could see this not happening is because vetex has more important things to flesh out and polish.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.