[SERIES][PT5] A Tale Of Three Witches

There had been eight bandits when they had started, but now only three remained, one of which was a mage using poison magic.
“Abiel, you take the one on the right, then we’ll both go for the wizard!” Ellsworth yelled at Abiel. Abiel nodded in silent agreement, before closing in on the bandit closest to her, jumping into the air, and pummeling him with blasts of magic, while Ellsworth dispatched her just as quickly.
“Bah, weaklings,” said the dark wizard. “I’ll just have to take care of you myself,” she said, as she cast explosion after explosion over the battlefield, covering it in poisonous vapours. The clouds provided some cover, and the sisters huddled together as they discussed their next plan.
“She’s too powerful for us both, but I have an idea,” said Abiel. “Those clouds are combustible. Her own magic won’t hurt her, but your plasma magic should be enough to make them explode. I can distract her, and when she’s inside of them, cast a bolt her way.”
“Alright,” said Ellsworth. “On the count of three.” Abiel nodded. “One, two, THREE!” she yelled, as Abiel hurtled past the surprised wizard.
“Ah, there you are. I was beginning to think you’d run away,” the dark wizard said, unaware of their plan.
“Wow, didn’t think your boss would send someone so weak to capture us,” Abiel said, antagonizing her.
“You’ll regret that punk,” the dark wizard said, missing Abiel by a few inches.
“Just a little closer…” Ellsworth said. “A little closer, and, now!” she yelled, firing off a blast into the clouds the dark wizard was standing in, and they exploded in glorious fashion, sending the dark wizard flying.
“If that didn’t kill her, I don’t know what will,” Abiel said, panting.
“Yeah, good job,” Ellsworth said to her sister.
“Don’t celebrate too early,” the dark wizard said, slowly getting to her feet, clutching a lost arm. “I’m not going down that easily,” she said while coughing up blood.
“I’ll finish her off,” said Abiel. “You can go, I’ll catch up.
No, I’m going to handcuff her and turn her in for her crimes,” said Ellsworth. “This isn’t like your vigilante spree, she’s part of an organized crime syndicate. She could be useful for answers.”
“Hah, you’re not getting anything out of me,” the dark wizard said while taking something out of her pockets with her one remaining hand.
“Wait, stop her!” Ellsworth said, failing to slap away the wizard’s hand as she swallowed a pill, causing her to foam at the mouth, and die.
“Why didn’t you stop her?” Ellsworth yelled at Abiel.
“She was already going to bleed out,” Abiel said. “It’s not much of a loss anyway, just another insane wizard drunk on their own power.”
“We could have interrogated her!” said Ellsworth, still angry.
“And learn what? We already know the location of the leader of them, and we know he’s the one that took Asteria. I’m going to go get her back. What about you?” said Abiel decisively, walking off.
“I made sure to order reinforcements, if we wait for them, then-” said Ellsworth, before being cut off.
“If we wait, Asteria might be dead by the time we get there,” said Abiel. It’s better if we go now. The reinforcements will be there by the time we reach her anyways.” Abiel said, before walking off again. Ellsworth hesitated for a second, before finally deciding to join her sister.

They finally reached the den the bandit leader as the sun began to set in the west. They slowed down in front of the entrance and began to stealthily creep into the caves.
“So, are you sure she’s in there?” Abiel asked uncertainly.
“Of course, the scouts had every reason to believe that this was their base of operations,” said Ellsworth. “In any case, we know there’s going to be a meeting. We’ll interrupt it, then use the distraction to free Asteria and get out of here, the reinforcements should be here soon, and they will deal with the rest.”
“Alright,” Abiel said reaching the end of the tunnel. “I’m opening the door, now!” she yelled jumping through the doorframe, into the empty room. “What, where is everyone?”
“This doesn’t make sense, there was supposed to be a meeting here,” Ellsworth said confused. “Unless, this was a trap…” she said, trailing off with sudden realization. “The scout, he must have been a mole!”
“Looking for me?” a voice spoke out from a dark corner of the room. He stepped out of the corner, and slid back his hood, revealing the same person who had attacked Abiel.
“You!” Abiel spat. “Where’s Asteria? What did you do to her?”
“You misunderstand, she is here of her own volition,” The man said, slowly pointing to Asteria as she walked into the room.

“Asteria!” The two other sisters yelled in unison.

“What he’s saying is true,” she Asteria said. “He didn’t force me to stay here.”
“But he kidnapped you! I’d call that forceful!” Abiel shouted at her.
“At first yes, but then I learned, that he was my father,” Asteria said.

“Now, I’m sure you are quite shocked,” the man said, walking forward.
“But you’re dead! And that doesn’t excuse the crimes of the Eclipse bandits!” Ellsworth said.
“Now now, there’s a time and a place,” Asteria’s father said. First of all names. I don’t believe I’ve properly introduced myself yet. I, am Zagan.”
“I don’t care about your name, give us back our sister,” Abiel snarled at Zagan.
“All in due time, come, won’t you join me for a drink?” Zagan said, smiling and pointing at the table in front of him.

1 Like

Next one will probably be the last installation, just thought I’d pop in here, not that anyone reads these lol.

I read the first one. Then when the second one came out I’d already forgotten the names of the characters and I didn’t want to have to reread the first one to understand the second one.

haha lol, I’m only doing this to prove that i can actually make a cohesive story, so its fine.