Snare Spell

Snare sounds more like a grab attack than a mobility spell.
However i could also see a mobility spell called snare.

1 Like

Ranged grab maybe?

1 Like

Unless its somehow exempt from the 70% or so nerf to the out of combat range of grab attacks then probably not.

When WoM had the “Mastery and Awakened” upgrade ideas for magics it used to be a planned spell.

The spells for Awakened tier were:

• Breath Attack

A large, continuous, and outwards expanding wave of your magic that constantly damages targets that are inside of it. Possible customizations could include duration, size, and range.

• Rush Attack

The user rushes towards their mouse position using their magic in the form of a fist, kick, or a full body rush. Works up to a limited distance.

• Melee Attack

Create a custom melee attack by choosing start, middle, and end sequences for the attack. Using this, you can grab others out of their own attacks and become invulnerable while attacking them.

He archived it with the note saying “Archiving this + Mastery Skill Types because these were a part of the old system that was planned, a newer better system has replaced it and all spell types on these cards will still be obtainable in the future”

Of course he could have changed his mind, but he did say magic grabs are planned and Rush Attack was the previous idea for the Hover Spell replacement. Maybe Breath Attack is planned too who knows

6 Likes

i imagine snare as more of a blast that, upon contact with your opponent, wraps/leaves your magic on them and gives them a debuff and the customisation would be what debuff you wanted (the debuffs wouldn’t be damage related to prevent burn stacking or something like that)

1 Like

Oh ok

Nope, but that was planned as an idea for awakened magics in wom and will likely come as a lost spell

too complicated for a basic spell, probably a weaker blast (WoM one)

That was just one of the ideas for a possible hover replacement, it just ended up being whatever snare is instead

how is it

i have an idea of what it might be
chain pull thing from creation element in elemental battlegrounds
basically you shoot out a chain (beam), which has a tiny hitbox but when it hits it pulls them to you and you punch them, launching them

i feel it’ll have to have some sort of stun effect and maybe some sort of pull for mobility sounds like it could be an interesting new element imo

Is snare the appropriate name for an attack like this?

Might make more sense once we actually see what the attack looks like, I’d assume it’s called snare cause you “ensnare” your opponent by grabbing them

yoooo magic grabs are back

Snare is a pretty alright name for a grab + barrage (im assuming its like that one attack from AA), I think snare feels much more like a hidden/ less blatant move though maybe like a trap or a sort of song-ranged grab. Maybe something like “clutch” or “Grapple” would work better :thinking:

Wait can someone explain to me how the attack works, cause im kind of confused now

basically its a close range move and if it hits the enemy can’t move takes damage and is pushed far away

From the description im guessing its similar to the “E” move in AA where you would grab your opponent from a close distance and proceed to hit them with blasts which would send them flying