So I picked up Deepwoken again

Before I get into the details, I’d like to apologize in advance. You see, BECAUSE I decided to start playing Deepwoken again, I’m going to start becoming a worse and worse person over the course of the next 1-2 months. This descent into madness will end once those 1-2 months are over, either because I’d have gotten bored of the game or the Dark Sea update dropped.

so yeah, i bought this game on may of 2022 but i got scared of it before i even wiped on my first slot

after that i waited until about january of this year to play it again, and i actually had some fun with it, even let myself get wiped a few times. what’s more, is that i actually got to level 20 in this time, even defeated duke erisia a few times (not a lot, because i suck shit at parrying. fuck you, duke, and your little bitch slaves, too. go die in a hole. how the hell is someone supposed to get better at a bossfight if you have to crawl out of the depths and run nearly back every time you fail? i don’t care what you tell me, deepwoken’s good, but that shit is BAD.)

however, i started getting bored of the game once february rolled around. i didn’t want to wipe either of my characters and i sucked shit at chimes so i couldn’t really enjoy the game that much unless i did something dangerous. what’s more, is that a certain game i’ve been anticipating since 2020 suddenly had a release date. i was bored as hell the week before arcane odyssey’s prerelease. all i did was watch some pizza tower on youtube and maybe join DW. thought it would never actually show up.

and then it did. and i played it for two fucking months straight.

after i got bored of AO, i just started doing other stuff that i won’t talk about. i’ve been getting more and more bored lately and decided to just stop being a pussy and join the fucking game with the mindset of being a fucking CRACKHEAD and just throw myself into shit i can’t win every time i fail the trial of one

and i actually had some good fun. here are some highlights

at one point i forgot to select minityrsa as the spawn (i beat the trial before) and i spawned at etris so i just decided i’d play deepwoken normally. until i ran into some guy and a dawnwalker.
i said “i don’t fear death”. walked up to him. SLOWLY. and he just fucking let me land a crit on him lmao
he kicked my shit in immediately after and strong left me out of the way but it was funny
later i died to two bandit captains and i ended up in the depths and somehow managed to stumble across this fucking shit

four chests. FOUR FUCKING CHESTS. HOW. IS THIS A HELL MODE THING OR SOMETHING? DID AN EXPLOITER PUT THESE HERE AS BAIT FOR ME TO GET BANNED? WHAT ARE THESE UNOPENED CHESTS DOING HERE
anyway immediately after i willingly hit a high level who was trying to walk into the city and he just looked at me and decided that i didn’t value my life so he fucking obliterated me, so like half of the shit i got went to complete waste lmao, at least he got the gem, he was probably confused as fuck

i’m thewhitejawa and thank you for reading my deepwoken ramble

4 Likes

Relatable, I still haven’t picked it up since :I

Deepwoken’s a good game despite it’s flaws and is usually pretty fun for me, at least.

Unfortunately this game takes a lot of time off of you and I already have loads of hobbies/skills that I’m interested on + school so I ain’t playing this game anytime soon.

Plus the Deepwoken OST goes hard.

3 Likes

im thinking if i should return to deepwoken

• i left deepwoken to play AO (i couldnt play both at the same time because ever since before AO’s release, i knew that my goal was to become emperor of the sea)
  • minmaxing is HELL is deepwoken (i wish there was no talent/mantra rng and health isnt such a valuable armor stat)
  • despite playing from day 3 (december 23, 2021), i never got a resonance solo and i never beat layer 2
  • why be a pvphead in AO, a pve game, when i can play deepwoken, a dedicated pvp game? i really am such a coward for attacking people in a pve game… and also not trying to face hard enemies in deepwoken…

2022 for me, was the year of Deepwoken.

normal ass pineapple makes deepwoken an actually good game

how to fix deepwoken:
put a level barrier for combat or something, ik freshies don’t have to deal with voidwalkers as much but they could still stumble across some guy who wants bloodshed and while it’s technically a skill issue… nah, fuck that it literally takes like 3 attacks to die
make it easier to re-attempt bosses

pineapples

Need this in forum quoteables

alright.

the four chests had smth to do with a meteor btw

1 Like

Join my deepwoken cat clan

dont have a felinor, don’t wanna buy another slot/reroll rn either

I love deepbound I got comboed by mudskipper then air blast into lionfish beam

man I wish I could enjoy this game but every time I pick it up the experience with it is just stressful and not much else.

I will never understand what started this shitty fake roguelike trend where people just slap permadeath onto games that don’t need it and are actively made worse by it.

1 Like

poor bastard

TARGET ACQUIRED. SENDING ALPHASHARKO AIRSTRIKE.

WHAT THE HELLLL :scream:

so i actually beat the trial of one which means I CAN PROGRESS MY NEW BUILD :partying_face:
here’s the birdman

actually had a ton of fun playing today, when you’re successful in deepwoken, it fucking ROCKS

i could kill Motherfucking Songseekers at level 7-10 without having to parry ONE of their dipshit punches it’s amazing i swear i only had to parry six times throughout the entire songseeker experience

i only encountered TWO players with maxed gear and neither of them knew i existed

i’m gonna be brave tomorrow and go to starswept valley, i’m pretty sure i can kill threshers and alpha sharkos now, even if i’m level 10 with only like 25 in hvy ok maaaybe this is a bad idea
whatever, it’s gonna be great, i can get out of the depths anyway
and if i wipe? i make the build better

progressed another whole ass build but i’m scared of dying to chaser after my light hook runs out in layer 2 so i’m waiting until i get bored of the build shown HERE to be my sacrificial lamb (bird)

but i also wanted to start another build so i tried trial of one with a spear
i fucking hate the angels they are janky as FUCK THEY BEHAVE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL NPCS AND ACTUAL HUMAN PLAYERS THEY DONT EVEN CURBSTOMP ME LIKE HUMANS DO THEY JUST DRAIN MY HOPE AND JOY SLOWLY UNTIL I TRY TO M1 THEM A MILLISECOND LATE AND THEY PULL SOME BULLSH

anyway. i will probably end up grinding trial of one at some point in the future because i HAVE to TRY getting good at something that isn’t heavy :sob:

anyway here are a couple images i got

(context: my new build, he has 100 strength! i lost the stoneheart though, but that’s okay, i like alloyed inheritor more now)

(context: i tried playing deepbound. was a little fun but i wiped at level 3 lol)

(hey, who’s this old hag?)

(wait a second… it’s the guy with the ice arcanium weapon! and it gave him eternal youth!)

1 Like