So Savant is getting double imbues, what about other classes?

Maybe warlocks can imbue their second fighting style onto your magic. Unsure how that would work.

The reason savant can though is because it has a FS and Magic, but it doesn’t get 2 imbue on FS tho. also it would make sense if other imbues could gain backward compatibility, heres example. with sailor fist, you can punch animation and summon a magic circle for lightning blast that now when combined shocks opponents because your punch powered the magic circle. for conjurer it would likely be the same if you have Arcanium weapon. for knight um, no info.

Warlock deserves something along the lines of spell binding, not ripping off a feature that would suit Savant better. I don’t know any real ideas for this though.

Maybe something similar to what @HeyImFlower_Hana-San said—you could have a shot attack summon some magic circles that fire blasts or a crash attack that creates a magic explosion. I think there should be some downsides to this, as spell binding in the Trello also has downsides.

Also, Conjurer may get double magic imbues with spells bound to imbued arcanium weapons, but that’s a stretch considering that Conjurer will already be able to modify its spells with weapons.

2 Likes

Savants and Conjurers being able to make bootleg Equinox with second awakening (maybe)

I’m going to assume the reason why Vetex says that arcanium weapons work with other magic classes too but are more effectively used with conjurers is because conjurers can imbue them with another magic.
Water/Fire conjurers → Steam
Water/Ice conjurers → Ice? (Frozen)
Explosion/Fire conjurers → Petrify?
Light/Shadow conjurers → ???

I think the double imbues are gonna be a thing for other classes or something (Mages)

Its called combinations or something like that if I read it correctly before

No, mages already have enough and don’t specialize in weapons. Warlocks fighting styles already work as a “double imbue”, Conjurers with elemental weapons/arcanium (probably arcanium) would be their double imbue. Savants are savants (2nd awakening unmids them)

Although, I am curious about where you heard/read about this.

I forgot but I believe vetex thought it was a good idea to add like magic combinations where you can “mix” two magics.

This might’ve been said on discord though or either twitter

I’d check if I could
Regardless, if we could mix magics it’s probably through imbues only. I don’t see why he would let us mix regular magics together, it’d be interesting for sure, but I don’t see why he would do that. If he did though it would expand the options for build viability. For example, water and fire mages right now could be using steam which could have different properties to fire (maybe it works like poison/ash but it works like fire with scalding). I’d expect an increased energy cost for these types of attacks though.

Spirit infused weapon for knight plz :slightly_smiling_face:

Bro I can’t wait for the absolute fuckery that comes with Ash+Flare/Thermo

it was twitter

Does he mean like a combination magic magic or is it just combining your magic (which then leads to if you can do it by yourself or do you need a friend)

i think it’s like using two magics at the same time, not like storm or blizzard lost magic

Thing is, the word combination implies that you are you know, combining the attacks. Maybe it could work like imbues but with increasing the cost of the magic attacks (emulating a lost/ancient magic would increase the energy costs by 2.5x and 4x respectively or something meaning it’s less efficient than just using the lost/ancient; alternatively the stats could just be weaker and status less effective).

it’d probably average the stats between the magics or smth and give both the statuses

Heat Magic/Catalyst (water) → Steam
Cold Magic/Catalyst (water) → Ice (Frozen)

Light/Shadow → my main interest becomes ???

wardens should be able to use every single skill in the game and also should be able to instantly kill everything I think that would be very balanced and cool

I assumed it’d be that you have two magics or fighting styles or whatever, but you can’t use them all at once. You gotta choose what you want imbued on each thing. So you could inflict soaking by imbuing sailor fist onto a staff, and then paralyze with a lightning imbued katana.

savants on their way to unleash the crystal iron leg mirrored river:

THIS IS WHAT I WANT SO BADLY
I WANT TO USE STRENGTH WEAPONS IMBUED WITH CRYSTAL + THERMO FIST
I WANT TO CRUSH SOME RANDOM ASS LEVEL 40 PIRATE BOAT WITH A SINGLE BUTTON
(clear sentence)