The "Human Cannonball" Siege Weapon

The "Human Cannonball" Siege Weapon
effort 4.8125 16 quality 5.0 16 reasonability 4.764705882352941 17

Been wondering if this thing should use Wind Magic and would require Magic Storage. Would be like a Wind Arcannium Launcher or something and Lore Wise it could come from Sky Islands. Maybe it’s powered by Cloud Essence or whatever propels the Ships forward. It’ll launch you using the same technology as Skyships.

If so, a possible name for this could be the “Cloudcannon,” “Stratus Sling” or something along those lines.

doesnt this make ganks easier, since players usually board the ships of players trying to run away and m1 them to death?

Yup, that’s why I put it in the original post. But if there’s any need for balance, I think one way would be to make it so you need to have the sails up in order to fire it.

“Mr. Kai, a second pirate has hit Silverhold”

2 Likes

I can now imagine a AO edit video whete just have “reinforcements have arrived”

now im imagining a fleet of ships just shooting players across

Although for the concept of PvE it would have to then make it so that crew killing before the ship is destroyed would be acceptable as a result of Human Cannonballing…

Holy moly, Mr. Canolli. YES. GIVE US THE VERTICAL ASCENT.
YEET US INTO THE SKIES AND WE SHALL BRING YOU TREASURE!

It could probably be called something equally as wild as the concept of going flying as the projectile, yourself.

She does agree with the “take damage on impact” and the “can’t use abilities while flying” portions, yes, but some ability to use attacks or otherwise better direct where you’re going along the way should help add on to the mess.

Variations of the Human Cannon should include allowing using magic to infuse the “shells” to deal AoE damage on impact, or otherwise stun/knock back anyone around to better aid in rapid assault. Even if even more dangerous because you’re putting potentially conflicting magics into a person.

1 Like

“WE ARE GOING TO STEAL THE MOOONN!!!”

-Gru, Despicable Me

2 Likes

the silverhold attack of y1801 was an inside job

orchestrated by the order of aesir

YES YES YES, HELL YES. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY.

I wanna shoot myself out of cannons so badly

1 Like

lovely

It doesn’t fit the game’s tone in the slightest, but the game’s current tone doesn’t vibe with me so I’m all for it.

There’s honestly been goofier shit in this game (granted they were mostly NPCs but still).

please we need this

Amazing idea

but what if instead of canons shooting canonballs, the player can shoot canonballs?
and thus, Canon Fist was born

1 Like

Why not combine the two?

Also imagine an arcanium version turning you into the element.

Already mentioned that one. Glad you agree though. But maybe not “turning you into the element,” maybe more covering you in the element and exploding out the element upon impact.

What if, get this, it was cannon fist but you threw a player?