The issues with conjurer and weapons in general

At the time of you typing this comment, you were absolutely correct! I had not. So I went and tried them, and timed them from firing 2 bullets through reload. light imbued took 8.28 seconds to fire 2 bullets and reload. unimbued took 8.4 seconds to fire 2 bullets and reload. I think the difference could be put down to human error and I will not do multiple trials if I can help it because that would be expensive. Light does give the bullets tracers which is sort of cool I guess but I have no idea how they would be a game changer

unique weapons have different base damage but do exactly the same damage and have near identical skills to base weapons so far, so I don’t think those different stats mean much. That was my argument

strange
anyways
weapons are fun to play with
imbuements are cool and sadly work better with stronger magics
its 11 pm so i will sleep now lol

so after reading your comment, I have checked m1 speed and projectile speed on bows and katana. Bow fires 7 shots in 5.27 seconds we can round to 5 because we’re nice ( and sorta lazy) and projectile speed appears the the same. Bow unimbued shoots 7 times in 5.35 seconds which we can round to 5.3 seconds which we can round to 5 seconds (see above) in this instance bow is identical except that when imbued it does less damage, has a tracer, and gives slight blindness. No speed benefit projectile or attack speed.

Katana imbued swung 15 times in 5.3 seconds. katana unimbued swung 15 times in 15.01 seconds. the extra decimal can be shaved off due to my poor reaction time in stopping the timer. again, no speed difference (my katana has swift so swings slightly faster in general) so far, I see no advantage to imbuing light for speed.

thank you for your input and discussion! you gave me some stuff to test and more stuff I hadn’t thought of examining over how weapons work.

m1s barely matter, its the projectile skills that are affected the most

I agree that m1s barely matter, but projectiles were unaffected as well, I just wanted to see if m1s showed a difference.

thats weird
i think slower proj. like striking gale might show some change
idrk, the startlag is definitely affected tho, ive seen light imbued pvp and its crazy fast

I will check startup but if there was no major difference in time shaved off over the startup and shooting of 15 arrows I think the startup to that is also a bit messed.

startup to skills and not m1s
u should watch some clips from selectorch’s tester tourney, u can see the speed difference between different magics imbuing

weird I guess it just functions WAY better on warlock imbue because I can see the considerably massive difference in attack speed when I do the imbuement

I tested unimbued sword slash at a distance at a fixed object. 1.85 second time from startup to hit on average over about 10 shots. average for imbued sword slash was 1.35. you are right, overall skill lands about 33% faster! for storm of arrows average was about 1.95 unimbued vs 1.8 imbued which is a much smaller diff. piercing shot imbued appeared to startup slightly faster than unimbued but honestly couldn’t tell accurately b/c move is already fast
piercing gale imbued went from 1.33 to 1 second imbued to unimbued. Alright you are absolutely correct, start up times on skills are faster. I think that this bonus should be extended to m1s but hey that’s good to know, thanks for pointing that out. I still would like to see the other changes happen, especially as far as damage increase goes, but that makes me feel a bit better at least.

yeah so after talking with maple it appears that my skills have faster startup/attack speed but my m1s do not. this seems rather inconsistent if warlock has faster m1s as well when imbued so I hope that gets changed.

Conclusions for the night:
the overall speed (probably mostly startup but partially projectile speed) of many skills is increased when imbued with light, but not m1s, unlike warlock. I want m1s to get that buff too but hey at least there’s something

fully charged, different weapon skills DO do different damage but the difference is like 265-278 katana vs spear which given the aoe diff is most definitely not worth it.

boss weapons/unique weapons and regular weapon skills scale the same way damage wise unless the skill name says otherwise. m1 does slightly more from unique weapons often, but base damage doesn’t appear to effect weapon skill damage.

magic can reduce your damage based on the magics multiplier you’re imbuing it with??? will have to make friends to test this with, so far unsure but if true, yikes. weapons already do less damage than magic when my magic is lower than my weapon stat.

overall, I’ll probably use unimbued for most pve b/c I’m not cutting my damage for blinding an npc with aimbot and the speed buff I feel doesn’t cover it. the aoe is noticeable a little bit on some skills but for many it seems to just be a visual effect. this would require more testing.

blinding npcs throws off their aim now

Imbuement is based on your magic stats, you chose light so your weapons imbued will be way faster with less damage
That being said I’m not entirely sure how it works since with sand (0.975x) and explosion (0.925x) imbued weapons deal more damage

I think it’s bugged or something because for me rusty claws outdamage iron claws (they were the same level too)

you do realize how light also makes your spear devastatingly fast now as a trade-off right?

though beyond that yeah a lot of points here seem to make sense and I agree it’s odd that old katanas are the same as normal katanas.

(also does the greataxe have striking gale as one of it’s move I’ve been legit hunting desperately for this move for ages)

1 Like

I do admit boss weapons should have gotten reworked skills(unique skills), but oh well.

You have to choose: speed or power, can’t have both.

I think Metal Conjuror still makes your attacks weaker, though.