The solution for EVERYONE having trouble with the dark sea (36+ chests an hour)

Are you a guy whose been on COUNTLESS dark sea expeditions yet each one is a failure because your brig gets jumped by a billion atlantean brigs, you’re eaten by a shark, you find absolutely no islands, or any other stupid reason? this post is literally the solution for all of that. The method im about to show ya is made by armored soup or the exploding overalls guy, just tryna bring it into the light and add more to it (and maybe crash the price of armored and powerful lol).

Armor

So for this tactic youll want at least 3 or 4 warding, at least 200 agility, and 50-100 defense (or more if you’d like but from my personal experience i never die with this build) The budget build below is customizable to your liking and i tried to make it as affordable as possible.

Budget build

The empty slot is for anything you want for a little extra defense (a helmet, cernyx faulds, etc.). If you have some spare theurgist stuff/warding scrolls, spare lapis, and spare nimble, then this build is just fine for you. I recommend you add a bit of defense to it

For this you will also need perfect jewelcrafting. If you dont have perfect jewelcrafting, you can always ask a friend to craft jewels for you or i can too.

Here is the finished build i suggest, can go to any range. This build can be customized to your liking

Finished Build

Ship

As for your ship, durability wont be necessary, but feel free to use high durability if you want to. No cannons will be needed since the best thing to do when encountering an atlantean brig is RUN AWAY. (unfortunately though you won’t be able to sink ketch for free health pack)

I suggest this brig build (maxed deckhands so they give the most stats). Make sure to put a fast enchant on the ram
https://tools.arcaneodyssey.net/shipBuilder#4*13,4*2,1*0,0*5,7*11,0*1*8,6,6,6

If you cant get this brig build, thats completely fine. Youll basically need a minimum of 100 ship speed, 12k durability and 100 stability.

Preparation

First you wanna get a lot of clearstones for clearsight potions. Clearstones can be obtained by breaking the stalactite rocks at Mount Orthys. For potions I recommend brews since they have many uses.

Next youll need jade pearls for invisibility potions. These can be found inside clams at diving points.

Where do I find diving points? Diving points can be found near the forest of cernunno or just around the world. If youre having trouble finding diving points use a sea chart and go where it tells you.
Where do I find sea charts? Sea charts can be obtained from chests and theres many chests at ravenna and some quick easy ones at sailor’s lodge/frostmill.
Before diving, make sure to use water breathing potions as always

Finally get tons of cargo, hero or villain, trust me you WILL need it

The Plan

As soon as you get to the dark sea, youre gonna visit at least insanity 1 (if you are strong enough go to insanity 2 or 3). If you are in insanity 1 make sure to be quick because there won’t be many sealed chests at siren islands. I like to go no more than insanity 3 since less siren islands spawn in insanity 4 and the ships are EXTREMELY strong. While we are sailing, we will not stop at any islands except siren ones

By now you should be at the insanity range you wanted. From here, sail in a direction so that your dark sea compass looks like its going “east” or “west” relative to the dark sea. (Yet another reason why you should learn to read a compass)

Make sure to turn your volume up and that your in game music is on. If you hear ship battle music, you can quickly escape the Atlantean ship before its too late.

Upon finding a siren island, pop an invis potion and loot all the chests. If you hear any sort of battle theme while looting the island, hop on your ship and get away immediately. Sail until you are far away and find another siren island. If its a ketch and not a brig then things are complicated since it wouldn’t be smart to attack the crew. If you are strong enough though, you can attack the crew.

Keep looking for siren islands over and over again. By the time you have the number of sealed chests you want, sail back to the bronze sea.

Tips

Wearing iron armor in the vanity tab of your player can protect you from limb loss and replace it with armor break. This is extremely useful if you get struck by lightning a lot

siren islands in the far reaches can have 8 dark sealed chests which is a HAUL. It is not worth it all to fight sirens in the far reaches since there can be more than 6 sirens or maybe even 10

Only use deckhand abilities in dire situations or shipbuilder when your ship is REALLY low. What I like to do is after a while when my ship is low, i stop my ship, use my shipbuilder’s ability, then start repairing until its at a good level.

Remember to use the brace ship ability when a wave is about to hit you

Rams can be activated on ghost ships to boost your speed

Sailing around circular or bumpy islands while a ship is chasing you can cause it to crash and eventually sink

If you find an island in the far reaches, it may be worth it to loot it since they can also have many dark sealed chests. Islands in the far reaches tend to be big though.

yay

thats about all i have for people struggling with getting stuff in the stupid jank sea. This method doesn’t yield alot of thornflowers and stuff so feel free to explore an island every now and then. after this post ill return to my until february break

14 Likes

My man’s gonna die when Zeus sneezes on him.

Warding itself gives 50 defense (if you are talking about armor’s warding, not potion’s), then your defense will be atleast 150-200, not 50 or 100.

1 Like

or you can just farm the first range with clearsight brews and you don’t have to worry about atlantean ships .
you’re not going to get as many sealed chests, but it’s a lot safer and more consistent.

1 Like

do deeper ranges even spawn more islands or are they all the same

im talking about islands in general, not mega structure btw

I’m not entirely sure, but they do spawn way bigger islands (in my experience), so it’s a bit easier to find them without having clearsight.

How to Dark Sea.

Step 1: Clearsight potion/brews tier 3-5.
Step 2: Siren rocks, listen and follow their songs, insanity 1 range.
Step 3: Profit!

(In case of an Atlantean Brig or above, do use Mortar Chain shots to slow them down)

1 Like

nah i tried this i always survive when struck

Idk, im pretty sure they spawn bigger islands though

insanity 3 and 4 spawn the same amount of siren islands but they are MUCH more profitable

The red lightning likely would be the end of you—the bolts do upwards of 500 damage each. Given that there’s three of them, they can easily wipe anyone with less than 1.5k HP.

Strange. they only deal 280 to me, and usually when i get hit by them its once or twice

haha okay but how am I supposed to get Theurgist stuff if I can’t survive the dark sea

you can go on dark sea runs with friends in mean time, though you wont get a lot of stuff theres still the chance of theurgist gear

is it more efficient to go for 120 spd 100 res or 131 spd 83 res

by res im guessing you say def

probably defense since 120 and 131 atk spd woukdnt have that much of a different

resilience*

oh utalking about boat

probably still res

Surprisingly, the exact opposite strategy also works.