To all of you who have/had a crush, have you asked/plan to ask them out?

7 Likes

yeah, if i like em i’m gonna ask em out before i miss my chance

I did the first time but she said no since she was new to the school at the time and didn’t really know anyone. About 2 years later and I do not have the courage to do so again. :pensive:

I accidentally did (and got rejected) for my first crush, and as for my current crush… No. Not any time soon. Both because of courage issues, and because of this internal conflict of desire for love vs. wisdom speaking forth and saying “Wait 'till you’re older, not pumped with hormones, and wiser.”

Good luck!

I personally haven’t had a crush before, but if I did, would probably delay it because I can’t really imagine what I’d want to do with them. don’t know what I’d gain from dating someone, nor do I know how to “boyfriend” and why I’d even want to do that.

I’d have to do it eventually though. Better than living in regret over it. Preferably sooner than later.

i have no crush
I have accepted that I am ugly

8 Likes

inb4 you get with somebody at some point in your life
Don’t say I didn’t predict it when it happens.

i was asked out, we dated, i got ridiculously stressed about various things (largely pertaining to my huge self-image and commitment issues lol), we split, ta-da

i’ve had more and tend to get into a lot of “almost” relationships but i’m very quick to dip if i’m not feeling it and, because i have no sense of remorse/regret, i often times just don’t pursue relationships in the first place

ACID TOU NEED TO PLEASE!!!

1 Like

not a fucking chance lol, the only time i ever attempted that it went horribly so im not even gonna bother

good luck or something tho

1 Like

i dont have the balls to do it
bottom text

1 Like

Wait, so I’m not crazy when I thought there was a stage between crushing and actual relationships?

1 Like

Had a crush on one of my friends older sister when I was like 7 but she was obviously too old for meh so I never had a chance lmao. Haven’t had a crush on someone in 8 years actually

1 Like

ye lol, i wouldn’t be dating the person but we’d be somewjat close and do some “couple-y” things ig

I had one several years ago, it fäiled miserably. It played a big part in me deciding to become asexual and aromantic because honestly crushes and asking others out is just gambling your mental health away.

that’s not . . . not really how that works . . . ? you don’t really decide your sexuality and, and this is my assumption, probably don’t for romanticism either (unsure tho ig)

speaking as someone who is ase and has a lot of lgbtq+ friends and such who agree with me. as this is my most immediate exposure to the community (or rather that perspective), it’s simply what i understand or believe to be correct. it’s also a frequent point lgbtq+ people make that their sexuality is not a choice when speaking against hate and such

1 Like

I mean if you work for months molding your mindset and way of thinking, then youll eventually get you what you want. At least thats how I made it to where I am. Doing things like avoiding romance shows or movies or just suppressing the effects of hormones as much as you can. In other words, I basically try to force myself to never love someone else unless it’s a family member.

I don’t know the nuts and bolts of it because Im no mental health expert but I still try my best to steer clear of anything that has to do with romance, love, crushes, or anything of the sort.

i suppose, but it’s largely not a choice to feel attraction or desire romance. if you feel such urges, desires, etc. but actively choose to avoid/suppress them that isn’t ace or aro, that’s avoidance or denial

sorry if you’re trying to quote anything i say, i tend to change and specify a lot of things upon upload

1 Like

fair enough, I’ve just grown to dislike romance because the way I see it, it’s just rolling the dice to see if they say yes or no, to see if they abandon you, and to see if they stick with you. If they stick around with you, big win and big whoop. If they break up/say no? Hot damn its gonna hurt.

I never did ask out my crushes, I’d probably will if I get a new crush but other than that, I’ll just vibe