Total Game Revamp Details

Bro fr, imagine seeing someone flying around on a whole dragon o-0

That’d be really cool, dang we could’ve been our own dragons if magic flight would stay + if the breathes were ever going to be added

For the most part, most of these new things and changes will be pretty good as long as they’re handled well, but I’m really concerned about the obviously more controversial changes IF they’re handled in the way I describe.

The Map
If the map’s islands are to be as small as Arcane’s then it will simply degrade the quality of the game, no matter how good the variety is or how ornately decorated they are. It just would get rid of the feeling that the game is a big deal and would make the game bad overall.

NPC’s
Although I do see the reasons behind these changes with making the NPC’s unkillable, this could’ve just applied to unimportant ones like villagers, saying that the important NPC’s would be harder to implement honestly just sounds like just taking an easy way out and an excuse to put less detail into the game (In my opinion).

As for the fighting of people important to the world lore and other’s storylines, I was under the impression that players weren’t supposed to be saving the world and weren’t supposed to be chosen ones under the watch of gods, so why would we be fighting magic users capable of destroying islands and are important to the world lore when we should actually be fighting random commanders or random bosses of random organizations assigned to our storylines at the very best.
Single player game’s storylines simply don’t work for multiplayer ones like these so we shouldn’t be treating things like we’re gonna be fighting gods that are important for other people’s storylines.

Hostile NPC’s Spawns
If there are things like level 10 areas and then level 20 areas and so on, then the game will be no different than any other soulless Roblox game out there no matter how good the exploration is or how often the random events are, it will always feel linear and not at all like exploring.
It’ll probably be the same process of camping an enemy spawn, baiting them towards you, finishing them off, then rinse and repeat. Then, after that, when you’re a high enough level you’ll just move on to the next area and find a new way to camp an NPC spawn. You aren’t “exploring new areas” or “setting out to defeat the bad guys”, you are simply endlessly grinding NPC’s.
Then, to put the cherry on top, when you’re finally a high enough level to upgrade that amulet you have after grinding those level 120 pirates, a random event starts and spawns hostile NPC’s all around you, killing you and spawning you on whole other island where some team of four are ganking anybody on said island, saying “ez ez ez ez ez ez”.

Conclusion
Although these features could simply be handled in different ways, it seems heavily implied that all of this will be the case. Either way, I’m willing to give Arcane Oddessy a chance and I’m hoping to see a good ass game as a result of this TGR.

3 Likes

I can agree with every point, and to add more, if the sea is too large then the map will feel empty and soulless. It will be like AA where you rarely run into people. An easy solution would be to make multiple large islands that have civilization in them as a hot-spot for people. Or the alternative, make the islands somewhat close and large. Make the islands around the size of bronze grasslands and make them about 1k-1.2k meters away at most.

Everything is awesome but I have four problems:

1. Everything becoming islands. The one thing that I thought most when playing AA was that I wished there were islands that wouldn’t take me 5 seconds to get from one side to the other. If there’s going to be huge islands than I think that the change is going to be awesome, but if it’s going to be like AA again then that’s a major turn off

2.Enemy NPCs spawning in fixed locations. I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this, but again, if it’s like AA where they just spawn in the same exact place every single time, then the open-world feel of the game would be absolutely ruined. I can understand bosses being in the same place for story purposes, but I really hope enemy NPCs aren’t just going to respawn in the same place for me to farm them over and over instead of having to go around the world looking for NPCs to kill.

1. **NO FLIGHT?!**That really stinks cause I was super hoping to get there eventually

2. NPCs not moving. I understand there’s not much you can do about that but it really brought the world to life

Other than that, I’m super excited about this update. So long as we have customizability with our magic, I will continue to think that the game is awesome. I will forever wish that I could make flight my ultimate and just go super fast everywhere but I’ll be happy enough if I can make spirit bombs. Please continue the hard work on the best Roblox game ever

I know this is a kinda dumb question, but are mutations returning, I doubt it, but it would be nice to know, also this is very POG :poggers2:

1 Like

Personally I’d rather fly then do a repeat of Wind Waker and Arcane Adventures boring as hell sailing.

Not to mention, if islands are generally larger flight would be very useful for traversing around them.
If islands are not generally larger, that’s a huge wasted opportunity to have environments that don’t feel like seaside biomes that can contain guilds, castles, dungeons, etc. without the island being dedicated solely to one or two simple things. You can also have islands that are revisited later in the story- actually, I think I’ll just quote my original reply because it explains my thoughts on everything about the revamp really well.

I could add onto my point about the old npcs but instead I’d like to talk a bit more about boats and flight, because I feel like the current direction is to go full windwaker again which I believe is a bad move.

Here’s how I think we can have both flight and boats can co-exist:

Boats can be utilized for transporting crews, fighting powerful sea-faring bosses, traveling between island groups, and so on.

Flight can be used for traversing the islands, traveling between island clusters, air battles, cinematics, boarding enemy vessels, and last ditch efforts to escape from sinking ships in sea battles.

Ships can have special, commonly found cannonballs that home in on flying players and knock them out of the sky, which makes using flight spells to travel long distances very risky, as it puts you at risk of being shot down and killed by any joe with a cannon.

Alternatively, moving with flight spells seriously eats mana, so much so that long distance travel is simply impossible, thus requiring boats to travel between island clusters.

Oh, and if you’re still not convinced I’d like to remind you that ships we not required at all in AA after a point, you could easily swim wherever you needed to once your stamina was high enough.

To end off I’d just like to link to Calza’s reply to the whole TGR, which I think is an interesting piece of constructive criticism everybody should read.

1 Like

Nice, hope this goes well, @Vetex good job!

1 Like

Let’s hope the context is right

players would have no reason to use boats after unlocking flight.

Crippled people would have no reason to be in a wheelchair when their cerebral palsy is cured.

flight drains your magic right problem solved cant go long distances

B-but…MAGIC fist!

1 Like

Everytime someone posts something in this topic Vetex gets pinged anyway so

Thank god I thought I was about to see dust before my eyes

Thanks for you opinion!

Well, in a actuality, it depends if vetex has this on watching or not, if not, he might do a thanos snap, but who knows.

asking the important questions

2 Likes

Requested by Vetex.

I decided I wanted to close this thread since a lot of the replies weren’t adding much to the discussion or conversation, if anyone wants to make new posts discussing this you are welcome to do so

22 Likes

:slight_smile:

15 Likes