Two rants about us, ONE day apart. Are we really THAT bad?

I say we cut off the heads of those who have been toxic then feed them to the dogs. Since you said you’ve contributed, I’m starting off with you.

:plate_with_cutlery::wolf:

this is a pvp oriented game, what do you think? :fr:

Yeah I know this problem will end but we’ll probably have to wait for the revamp (the toxic part probably won’t end)

Dunno man, the forum isn’t really irredeemable as what the two say it is. TheHonestMan’s topic is pretty much just a rant on the guild side toxicity of the forum and that doesn’t really form the forum as a whole. He says he’s been lurking and found the community pretty toxic but is he sure that he isn’t just lurking the guilds category most of the time?

Cuz dunno man, i’ve been staying away from the guilds category and stayed most of the time in the off topic and game discussion category and havent seen that much of toxicity that he claims this community has.

As for Desired’s topic, yeah I agree with him the community having repeatable topics but it’s inevitable anyways considering we’re all just waiting for AO to release though I dont think it has gone into a shit hole called hell.

2 Likes

Honest man probably took things at face value since he was lurking and never really tried to interact with the community. Thus, he didn’t understand the light jabs and teasing banter. However, I’m more likely to believe bag since they were around and active in the community for a long time, not just lurking.

Still, pretty much the only remotely toxic person left on the forum is level, but even then, they’re smart enough to not go too far. As for the super-mega-elite pvpers that always act like total shit, yeah. They suck, but more often than not, you can usually just ignore them and they won’t bother you.

As for the wasteland of posts… Yeah I got nothin’. They’re right about that one

I think with TheHonestMan’s post it’s because the forum is really boring right now so whenever something interesting happens it’s usually the toxic stuff which catches their eye. Desired had the better take on the forum’s situation.

1 Like

As said above, the two came to the forum when no content from the game had or is going to be release for a long time. People are bored, what can you expect them to make topics about?

And honestly, aside from the appalling situation with Please don’t hate me for this, generally toxicity here is from people primarily active elsewhere.

1 Like

Vive le Republique

Man I can’t be the only one who just can’t seem to find the “toxicity” in this community. I don’t know if I’ve just been paying attention to macobre so much that I just fail to see people being toxic or if I’m just so used to it that it doesn’t phase me anymore

2 Likes

My friend, this forum is a mix of the good and bad.

i’ve been slowly transitioning to genshin so I can’t really tell, although I’ve seen some bad shit on here

i’ve also been toxic in some areas too :fr:

stop before it’s too late

æ (just don’t insult people, ez)

I can never tell if i’m being sensitive when I am offended since i’ve a really difficult time reading tones through text alone while other things just don’t phase me (possibly due to a lack of awareness)

1 Like

nah, i honestly think it isnt as irredeemable as they say.
also.
theHONESTman
yeah, he is totally honest that this forum is a absolute chemical plant of a place.
totally

In all honesty, I want to see how far the forums go and just watch all the events along the way.

1 Like

If you stay away from guilds, it is mostly good. Suggesting something can be demoralizing because sometimes I feel I just get immediately attacked with how bad my idea is, even if I spent a lot of time trying to make the suggestion nice and not a complete mess.

But this forum is really nice with catching trello changes, as it is an AO forums so I am glad I can get that info here, and just holds a ton of people excited to play with magics and sail the War Seas just like I am. I really don’t think the forums is as toxic as these 2 posts stated, and discussing our excitements and thoughts for the Arcane Odyssey is something I can almost only do here.

P.S. please try to not get so toxic about PvP or “RKers”. This is an open world PvP game and part of the fun is staying on your toes, so please don’t act like the entire game is hell because someone tried killing you.

I mean every community is toxic but tbh I haven’t really had a bad experience here at all it’s been pretty enjoyable especially talking in the artist discord.

yes we are that bad

i concur

All we have to do is hold a witch hunt for all of the toxic people on the forums :fire: