Vacuum magic concept sheet

When you think about it; the magic itself isn’t very scientific (is just red lightning)

vacuums aren’t too scientific right? I mean it does exist in nature and is arguably the most prevalent element in the entire universe

The name is what I take issue with. Electrons were discovered around 1900 and it doesn’t make sense (to me) for them to be in a fantasy game that doesn’t even seem to have steam power.

well yeah but WoM has hoodies which were made in the 20th century, so you could imagine that science in that world is a bit developed even if not complex

Primordial magic was also gifted by the gods so maybe the god who created electron magic knew what electrons were and maybe fashioned the magic after that??

I guess that explains how vacuum magic could exist

I get that there could be some lore explanation for that to exist. You could probably come up with a lore explanation for quantum circuitry magic. I’m just saying it doesn’t fit the fantasy vibe.

Yea but that’s not naturally found in nature unlike electrons and vacuums.

Guys what should the stats be for vacuum magic?

Electron magic isn’t that sciency of a name tho

Is vacuum to sciencey?

Worst case ima name it collapse magic

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

is “collapse” magic better?

I mean we have wave magic

that’s not sciencey sounding tho

The fact that it sucks opponents is very similar to Gravity Magic

i dont think gravity sucks things inwards though unless im wrong

okay a little rebalancing then:

if gravity does pull PLAYERS inwards, the collapse magic pulls OTHER MAGICS near it.

however if it hits a player the attack implodes and deals damage.

also solid magics aren’t diffused but are slowed down even more when passing through a void cube.

OKAY ACTUALLY:

so collapse magic, does not have a suction function, but rather it does not explode when hitting players and traps them in blast attacks and explosions and beams suffocating them unless they escape by dodging or using a solid based high jump spell.

also it slows down solid and liquid magics if they travel through collapse magic spells but only for while they’re in the vacuum, when the collapse cube explodes or the other magics leave they get their speed back.

so now this magic is not a shameless gravity ripoff and serves it’s own distinct niche as a slow and highly dangerous trapping element that is not too easy to deal with but isn’t impossible.