What are your thoughts on blocking/parrying? (poll)

the side mouse key. the one that makes you go back a page on a web browser

uh, i dont think my mouse has that

it doesnā€™t matter anyway thereā€™s no enum for it

I feel like the problem with parrying specifically in this game is the unpredictability of many skills. Itā€™s easy to parry a Crash or something like a Flying Slash, but may skills just have such low visibility or come out so insanely fast due to Attack Speed that parrying can practically be thrown by the wayside in these types of fights.

Thereā€™s also a lot of times I just feel no need to parry and still get hit regardless due to the absolutely insane AoE that many skills have, such as in the clip below:

Visual clarity updates would go a long way to making parrying a more enticing option in PvP.

6 Likes

First shot and third shot was client side

You can even see the slash exploding midair on the third one meaning thatā€™s where you were on his client

unfortunately, if you do anything you get punished because of lag

WE BLOCK, PARRY, DODGE

we blockā€¦ parryā€¦ dodgeā€¦

I only ever parry in boss fights because I know what theyā€™re going to do, and even then Iā€™m not that confident in it. Eating the damage if I press too late is unreliable in PVP.

i only used parrying against argosā€™ giant windup attacks

Gotta get back on my WoM ā€˜press G against every single attack even if itā€™s nowhere near meā€™ mentality then :muscle:

Love parrying

Dont know why or how a boss can parry a bullet and give you knockback? But like apart from that - its a feature.
Not something I personally use

Nah just donā€™t press G, exclusively trade dmg, unlike WoM itā€™s never worth it to press G rn

Exception is when you know factually theyā€™re using beam/shot/single placed explosion and bosses

Yeah to actually add to the thread I think if they want pressing G to be worthwhile you really shouldnā€™t be slowed during the parry window, and it should only kick in afterwards (when youā€™d normally be blocking), I think that in addition to endlag being removed on a successful parry and the 25% attack speed boost after a parry pressing G should actually be relatively worthwhile

2 Likes

if you have that kinda reaction time, you might as well dodge

Dont parry as much as in wom. mainly because im not used to being able to move while blocking, but also because everything comes out way too fast to react
Weapons are crazy fast sometimes (same with fast magics)

i feel it could do with a revamp. sometimes after certain moves my guard just straight up will not activate. maybe a faster activation for guard and parry is in order?

Attack Speed with Kaiā€™s Sabre, Triasta of Bronze, Lightning, Light, and a few others are genuinely just completely hopeless to parry. I really thought that Attack Speed would have some kind of innate damage downside or something cause as it stands, even without reaching the curve, it just makes some of these skills unreactable, game rn is pretty much just who can damage trade better which is a little lame

I use METAL CRYSTAL and even i cant outdamage