What we don’t want to see in TGR

and not really we, knowing someone did a poll and the majority wanted islands of some sort

I agree with having not many islands, but if vetex is planning to add boats just for those islands, they better be holding something of importance.
I, personally, don’t like seeing development time get wasted and having islands that hold 3 or 4 chests and nothing else get locked behind AA style ships happened, that is a gigantic waste of development time.

Aye you add that back I wanna say something

Honestly, I don’t think putting everything on islands will not make travel times much more interesting and it will not infinitely improve the game on its own. Feel free to disagree but I’m certain that just having everything on islands won’t improve the game all that much.
It was completely unrelated to the original comment and I have to stop that bad habit eventually

IF islands are added I think that the continent should be absolutely destroyed. Islands should be made for the purpose of being islands. Splitting up the continent should not be the goal. The goal should be to create islands.
Having a large continent and a few small islands is pointless. Instead there should be:
a) Lots of small islands
b) Lots of medium islands
c) A good deal of large islands
d) 3-4 massive near-continents
There should be several notable geographic structures:
There should be a massive mountain chain, forming several islands and mountain chains cutting through the map. This would be a fault line. Ashen volcano would be included in this line.
Deserts should not be near the water. That’s not where deserts form.
Terrain should blend in like in real life. Oceanic currents should be plotted. The map should be as realistic as possible.
I want to see three-dimensional maps. I want to see canyons, rifts, massive mountains, cliffs, bays, peninsulas, mesas, plateaus, etc.

Boats should be fun.
Check out this post for what I mean by fun. Admittedly it’s a bit too much and complicated but yeah.

In summary:
Islands should be custom made to be islands, not just broken-off pieces of the continent. The map should be highly realistic.
Boats should be fun and there should be more purposes for sailing than just getting from point A to point B.

Adding oceans can lead to more exploration, and more obstacle. Even in physicology humans are more attracted to the ocean "Being around water gives our brains and our senses a rest from overstimulation. The sound around us, from an auditory perspective.

Adding oceans can lead to better transportation method and boats which would benefit guild wars. A lot for people want some sort of transportation you can have multiple people on, and the most common and non-mordern thing are boats.

Vetex said the game being a continent is one of the problems and I agree. Adding boats and fighting pirates on the way to a quest would be very fun, and even though it might stop you from getting to that quest at least you got some entertainment. When you play world of magic on a continent you get bored and just wanna get to point A to point B

Well I wasn’t saying having boats was a bad thing, I was saying that having literally everything be small islands AA style wouldn’t improve much and would just be largely a waste of time for a major change that only causes a small improvement.

Having medium/large islands off the coast with noticeable treasure and hidden stuff on them is welcomed by me, I like finding secrets.

I don’t really want small islands. I kinda want decent size islands, like everyone else.

Wow I really have to stop changing my mind literal seconds after I post

The problem with your post was that, you never gave a solution neither talked about bigger islands, and just said “islands” so it literally sounds like your hating on islands in general

Boats THEMSELVES will not solve the issue.

We could be back to square one of the transportation problem if boats are too slow.

Something has to go along with them.

You didn’t read the whole thing .-.

Ya know you can look at my topic but if you’re too lazy…

Summary:
Trade
Fishing boats with nets
Boats with big guns yes
Smaller boats with guns

Ty for the tl;dr also

take that macro fishers lmao

AAAhhhh shit I didn’t do the homework due today that was given last Monday, English literature is a waste of time.

Even if they were bigger, I’d rather not WoM feel like a repeat of Arcane Adventures traveling system.

1 Like

I meant as of now transportation isn’t that bad, if something like horses or something were added that would be completely fine with me

Yeah, I like how the NPCS are sorta randomized, it makes the world feel .ore alive, and doesn’t make you feel like you’re some mind of main chsrafter.

I actually liked boats. I think it’s a cool way to get around, but in moderation. Like a couple minute boat ride every now and then is pretty cool, especially if you get naval confrontations and stuff.

What’s not cool is spending a couple minutes each time you want to go from one of the literal dozens of islands to another.

1 Like

big island in middle, smol islands outside