What We May Expect In The Storyline For Arcane Odyssey

I feel really pumped up with Arcane Odyssey, and thats because of the STORY potential! It brings a lot more story potential, as this is closer to the events of Arcane Adventures!

This is a list we may expect seeing or happen in terms of the storyline. Though, take this with a grain of salt, as we have no idea if Vetex did change the existing lore we have from the lore doc-

1. Peacekeeper
    While in WoM, where we had absolutly almost zero chance of meeting the Peacekeeper due to them being #8 of the Eleven Unknowns, the chances of us meeting the Peacekeeper in AO are really, really high! Based from what the lore doc tells us, the Peacekeeper runs into Hades and defeats him, possibly not far from when AO takes place. So meeting Peacekeeper is a lot more possible now, and our character may even get trained by them!

2. Averill
    We also may meet Averill in storyline!
    It was stated in the lore doc that Averill encounters many kingdoms in the other side of the world before suddenly finding himself at Magius again. It’s possible Averill gets caught up with what’s going on with the War Seas, which was why it took him a while to get back to Magius.
    Though, we may meet him when we’re not with the Peacekeeper, cause Averill wasn’t aware of what happened with Peacekeeper and Durza until he ran into Magius, so Averill and Peacekeeper may not have encountered each other if both happened to be around the same area. (oof)

3. John Thorne
    This is pretty important to acknowledge here. John Thorne originally came from the other side of the world, and “Magius” was his “fallen” home. This is the part where I could see the original lore being changed up a bit. Where instead of John Thorne being a conquerer that retired 10 years before Arcane Adventures, we may see John Thorne here and the og Magius, we’ll witness how it fell.
    If not, we’ll at least get some background info of John Throne.
    We know Peacekeeper meets John Thorne at Magius, but I feel like the reason for the Peacekeeper to give him the Steel Curse doesn’t seem to be… the true reason why they did that, or at least the entirety of it. So if Peacekeeper does end up to where John Thorne used to be, we may get more of a detailed explanation. Plus, he conquered some areas too in the other side of the world, so we’ll definitely at least got some info about him here.

4. Hades
    Ohhhh boyyyy… The exciting one. AO seems to take place not long before Peackeeper fights Hades, and the idea of it brings soooo many possibilities, and I could definitely see Hades as some end-game villain in this. Considering that the game will take place right where Mount Olympus fell is also pretty significant-
    Imagine our character fighting Hades with Peacekeeper-
    Nah, maybe that’s a little too much, since this is a GOD after all. Unless… our character is some descendant of one… which brings it to…

5. New Greeks backstory!
    One thing I find interesting here is that it may explain why the New Greeks came out of nowhere to Magius. It was stated they’re a mysterious culture that appeared from the other side of the globe… Why? To escape the wars? Could it be related to the storyline of AO? Or what if it’s related with Peacekeeper and Hades showdown…?
    One thing interesting with the New Greeks is how it was mentioned that the elders of New Greek were descendants of the Greek Gods. What if our character was the same? That would definitely be interesting.
    We may have an explanation with the upcoming storyline…

6. Trigno
    There’s also a slight chance we may encounter Trigno, but probably farther out in the Seas. We know Trigno went out into open seas at one point, and returned to the Seven Seas, but we don’t know what happened during that time period. Though, it seems Trigno wasn’t involved in any war events or anytbing big, and we know the War Seas was full of Warring Kigndoms, so we may or may not meet him, at least in-land where there’s war.

7. Torren…?
    Tech once revealed that Torren is dead, but is suspiciously hiding the reason why… I dont know, I could be wrong, and Torren is far back in the Seven Seas. Unless Chaos managed to free him, but I don’t know much of how he fits in that much. I’m bring up Torren here cause it’s definitely a possibility.

Honestly, there’s also a few minor things we may encounter in the storyline.
1.Freedrock Radius - To find out if he still lives or not
2. More deeper exploration into the Greek Gods
3. Peacekeeper’s origins??? O.o (Maybe not…)
4. More detailed explanation about Durza and Hades. (Since this was before Hades was killed, this may be where PK finds out that Durza was only controlled by Hades)
5. More detailed explanation to how Prometheus was killed
6. More curse users…?
7. More material about how the Arcane world works.

Honestly, I. Am. Hyped. So much that I may have accidently posted a wall of text kinda like this which got me muted, haha. (Old habits die hard)

Anyways, I’m looking forward to see your thoughts about this!

1 Like

i may sound stupid but what is arcane odyssey

If you saw my post about Aurem (If you didn’t, link is here: https://forum.worldofmagic.dev/t/something-interesting/41674 )

Since Aurem is transported to Mount Olympus by burning, this means there is a deposit of valuable magic stones. This could be involved in the storyline too, possibly a sidequest or even the main storyline.

Also I hope we find out Hades is actually innocent. Because seriously, why does everyone make him a meanie >:(

If you aren’t aware, Vetex is revamping the whole of WoM into Arcane Odyssey. Here’s the link:

Make sure to take pictures of WoM Places to show off to the newbies

Yeah, I saw the post about Aurem right after posting this thread, lol.
That’s something I definitely didn’t considered, I just assumed it went to Prometheus, not the mountain, itself.

If you’re correct, then the game’s main currency might be Aurem, rather than Lamina or Crowns due to how there’s so much of it in Mount Olympus. The Aurem may also be related to the lore behind AO, as it may explain what happened with Greek Gods, and Aurem was definitely a part of that.

For all we know, it may even be the reason behind the wars, but I can’t be certain of that.

oh yeah i just read it POG

Do I smell Lando redemption arc???

Don’t forget about Randal, growth curse user and author of some books that you could find in AA.

Is growth curse like Buddha Buddha from One Piece?

We won’t encounter any of these characters because they aren’t in the war seas. Also hades is probably dead (or soon to be killed without our interference) lol.

isn’t the peacekeeper just our character from AA?

no, vetex mentioned something about randal being alive and hinted at his involvement in the AO storyline
also trigno and averill are far away from the seven seas at this point so we may encounter them

Yeah, peacekeeper is our character from AA but they only go by peacekeeper after they defeat Durza. They also have a lot more lore both before the events of AA and after, though a lot of the lore is subject to change (most likely the events from the Cursebeard War and after).

I know this was a day ago and I don’t think the currency name was released yet, but J doubt Aurem is at the seas, and if it is it’s extremely rare. There were TONS of fights and wars for aurem when the Gods were alive, and especially with them being called “The Warring Kingdoms” and still being at war, it’s likely mostly gone. Only reason there was aurem in Magius is because it was underwater before.

The new currency is Galleons