Who is your favorite OC's by other users?

hi rb1 :grin:

1 Like

hi rb2 :smiling_imp:

1 Like

greetings rb3.14 :alien:

howdy rb2.718 :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

sup rb10.146 :man_singer:

1 Like

hear me out
@BlindclownNN 's brahms, really love the lore he gave about him
@OneAndOnlyFrancis 's freed duo, keep it upp
@ozzie 's duke and emp! those dunderheads make my day!
i think thats all BUT ICHIX GIMME MORE LORE FOR ORO WAAAA

1 Like

thank you :sob: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Randomly stumbled upon this thread. I hope my OCs will appear on this list one day, but for now here are some of my favs.

I judge OCs based on design and writing.

@stellarii_xx of course we all know Noelle is a fan favourite. Her lore isn’t necessarily that deep, but it does what it does well. Noelle’s lore involves the amnesia thing, and it is well reflected in her personality. Her design is unique and Stellari’s artstyle only makes it even cuter. Noelle is also one of the most drawn OCs on the forum.

@GhostlySickle where do I even start? Her OCs are some of the best written. Each of them have seperate personalities, details and backstory. I love how the female characters are actually flawed and aren’t OP. Mei is your typical cheerful girl with a simplistic but elegant design. Also she’s cute. Caroline is kinda mental, but I like it. Vincent is just, like, y e s. The original Trio is so good I’m gonna use them in my own story. As for the other trio, since there’s barely any lore about them I’m not gonna make some judgment yet, but I’ll just say Lawrence is cool.

@nerozio Like Ghostly, I love how Shawn’s characters have actual good writing (imagine that). Shawn is lively and you can really feel the dude. The deckhands make for a fun combo and they have unique designs. I also love their interactions and Nero’s comic style only makes it better.

@dollychovespula Ah yes, Mikhail’s self-proclaimed younger sister. I love how she’s bossy and snobby unlike most of the good female OCs on the forum. Her eyes are unique and I just like her cuz she fits in my OCs lore a lot.

@rouver2345 Yeah ik this might stir up some controversy, but I think Ruby’s writing isn’t very well done. After all, his whole character is just a huge Edward simp. However, I love his design and the artstyle. I also love how he just randomly intrudes into other ppl’s lore.

@LightClarity Lilly is basically Noelle 2.0. They share a similar story and she’s just a very kind and cute girl. I love how she had so much clothing options, and ofc Lilly’s art is gorgeous.

I think what makes a good OC is a good design and good writing. Ghostly’s trio and Nero’s gang is the best of both.

I’m striving to make my OCs on this list. Mikhail, Phrixus and Lucius all have different designs, aesthetics, lore, even their voice is different. Yeah my art is kinda bad but my writing is decent so I’ll lore dump my OCs soon.

5 Likes

Cant have a good character writing,
if you dont have one :smirk::+1:

(But kudos for finding out lol, i only follow the canon player lore and storyline) id doubt i even have the effort to make my own cause im not online often anymore so that would be impossible. But ill still continue to draw cool characters as much as i can :v:

1 Like

I’m glad you like lilly’s outfits!! :face_holding_back_tears: And I’ll make sure this comments inspires me to continue writing her story, so she’ll finally be a bit more fleshed out as a character!! :pray::pray:

oh yeah.

@GhostlySickle and Mei Bliss.

@Bio and Kirsten.

@SpectreTheFox and Ben/Simon, as always the two still are great.

2 Likes

How to write a good protagonist (according to my writing experience):

1. Make sure they have both strengths and weaknesses. Never make them OP (at least not at the start of their arc), people like characters with flaws, so that way they have something to overcome.

2. Unless if you have a reason, make sure they’re likeable. Avoided things like having them be too annoying or being inconsistent.

3. If you plan to make your character Fleshed with their own story, throw challenges in their way. Make sure they won’t always win, as characters must fall before rising.

4. Emotional attachments can be a powerful tool. If a character has emotional attachments to someone, such as being dear to their friends, then challenges that threaten such attachments (evil forces, betrayals, “greater good”), or it might even be their weakness and hinder their journey. If the character has no emotional attachments (usually villains), they would become cold and isolated, and this is benefitial to pure evil villains, who usually prey on others emotions.

Take, for example, my two main OCs, Mikhail and Phrixus. Mikhail holds his friends dearly, so when his own mistake causes the death of his friends, he becomes vulnerable. In contrast, Phrixus got emotional damage when he was young, so he sealed his emotions away, turning him into a ruthless killer.

2 Likes

Good tips, thank you! I have written some sentences based of these after researching a bit :+1::pray: