Why magic is bad for Humanity Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

I thought so just because he’s creator of the riddles and seems to know the most about the lore.

Yeah, there are still some people out there who don’t agree. Thank you for replying, however!

1 Like

Yeah, he’s just usually the one that gives lore detail. You’re still the developer lol

u mean they should take forever on beating up another with swords

This is still how it works in real life but it works better for magic users actually. Those who are born prodigies are just random at the worst, chosen by fate at the best. Also it seems like only a few people actually know ways to get ridiculously strong. It is kinda shown by how the peacekeeper was trained in fighting styles only because they were “The Rising Phoenix”. Also another thing is that the people of this world use extreme force to get rid of criminals. I’m a tyrant in game and will get a bounty of 400 crowns and then boom the magic council will send three captains after me and after they despawn 2 seconds later they respawn. another thing is that people cant get caught in crossfire between good people in the game(maybe in the actual cannon they can) because of how good reputations cant harm other good reputations. Also ontop of all this it took Theos probably 500 years of training non stop to actually reach the level of power of destroying the world. Yeah Durza could probably do it faster but he had a curse, and it took both of their combine attacks to destroy the world. Once someone reaches that age, which is shown to be uncommon I think having that godly power is justified. Also if we go by normal rules of comics or anime it usually takes a lot of concentrated energy to do something so devastating causing people who are good like Theos or others to go, oh crap I need to rush over to this place and stop this person.

Also something that was from the comics(I know the comics are not all the way cannon) was that no matter how many bad people there are there can be good.

Another note about nukes, I would bet that mostly the reason why nukes are never used in wars anymore is because we have a system set up so that when a nuke is launched we launch nukes at them, we just destroy ourselves. While lets say some random over power dude said hes was gonna blow up the planet, we have been shown that attacks can be shot across seas, so someone just shoots an attack from really far away to counter it.

theos was said to already be a prodigy in the first place

most people with power would stop/want to stop any ongoing threat to stability or whatever, cursebeard was an infamous pirate and still went out to stop durza for instance

these are moreso just constraints because this is a video game, the AI isn’t that advanced overall

yes, mutually assured destruction, ICBM interception currently isn’t really feasible on a massive scale
the threat of one side launching nukes keeps the other side from launching nukes
however, personally, I do believe there’s a fundamental problem with this sort of stalemate,
its almost guaranteed to happen eventually as countries continue to rush to procure nuclear weaponry

whenever someone does use the nuclear weapons everyone is gonna get fucked

1 Like

magic animals as NPCs in AO confirmed guys ahahaha :fr: (jk i know its not)

That’s the thing. Magic council leaders will literally explode/vaporize entire towns just to get one guy, and it doesn’t even take into mind the amount of property damage and finances it would take to repair. We should also take into mind that it practically happens on a daily basis. Of course, IF AO/WoM was actually real, the captains would do their job WAY better in real life than in-game, since they absoloutely suck at it.

3 Likes

lmao.

when some robber steals a little purse

Magic council: we shall obliterate the entire city to find this one person no doubt slaughtering everyone else on the way

1 Like

eventually you’ll kill the theif, smart

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.