Will you be taking the COVID vaccine

@Kandy the mutation is only more contagious to my knowledge, not more fatal

@DarkLordDurza by all means I do agree the US gives way way too much money to people who don’t do shit
but if they can pay on their own its fine

might be worth noting that the vast majority of covid deaths aren’t solely from covid

70% more transmissible means nothing, I want to know mortality rate.

it’s more against older people who’s immune systems are weakening

and extremely young children

even extremely young children aren’t really at threat from covid, its almost solely older people

yeah

that’s pretty much it imo

Hospitals get more funding for each positive test. I believe a Czech politician tested a glass of water for COVID and it tested positive?

reading the previous article, it only meantions that it is more transmittable from covid but otherwise theres no significant differences so we can probably assume that it has the same mortality rate as the previous covid. Perhaps even a bit higher due to its faster infection-rate.

china’s numbers are also so blatantly wrong its crazy

frankly lots of the reporting/numbers on the virus are bullshit, I just want facts

its china what did you expect :fr:

i mean

:fr:

1 Like

honestly imo…the teenagers and younger people probably dont need it

They provide aid and infrastructure to serbia so i dont really care

you miss the point
no

nah guys we need to pull a north korea and shoot whoever has the virus

oh i understand wym

This
I volunteer to be in the firing squad

i am concerned for this forum

3 Likes

this

I always find it funny that people justify carelessness by saying young people aren’t at risk of dying from it. Sure MAYBE you aren’t at risk of dying (which isn’t a guarantee, you could end up being one of the unlucky ones who DOES), but your quality of life will most likely be affected. How does struggling to breathe, losing your sense of taste/smell, and being completely sapped of strength sound?

Now let’s say you don’t have it so bad and maybe are even asymptomatic. You can still SPREAD IT TO OTHERS. All of a sudden your parents or loved ones or somebody you walked past might have it too and they might not end up as fortunate as you. That is basically one of the biggest concerns with this virus, anybody with COVID is basically a walking biologically hazard to everyone. That’s why there’s social distancing and wearing masks, to PREVENT the spread to other people.

And then of course there’s the people saying it has a low death rate. Sure, ignoring lasting effects, a majority of people are able to survival. But that’s with ALL of the precautions that have been taken (social distancing, remote work/school, masks, etc.), which prevents hospitals from being overloaded. Let’s say we decide “whatever, the virus isn’t killing that many so let’s just return to normal life.” Of course a TON more people are going to get it, which will lead to hospitals being unable to handle the number of cases. And because of that, the death toll will SKYROCKET from a lack of available care and treatment.

I sure hope these mentalities aren’t representative of the general public, otherwise this virus is here to stay for a long time.

4 Likes

Wait, the people here weren’t joking?