World Of Magic Spells

Why do I make topics that get a lot of people talking in them ;-;

cause you’re awesome anywhere you go :smirk::smirk:

:poggers2: lol

Im wondering, does anyone here wanna see who i’am in WoM

Also sad, world of magic gets like 2.1k visits then looses like 2k because updates are quite going slow and I guess people want the game updating fast, guess its because of bugs, smol island, unfair moments, not much locations, etc

Blast Boomerang: I got this from another person, but basically it’s a normal blast attack that returns to the caster after a certain distance

Magic Counter (requires mastery magic): Players would be able to absorb their opponent’s blast attack and reflect it back at them (the returning blast would be the player’s magic type)

Magic Teleport (requires awakened magic): Players could quickly dissolve into their magic type and teleport a short distance in exchange for a lot of mana

Magic Tether (requires awakened magic): The player could connect tethers of their magic type to other players in their team/guild. It would give various buffs/debuffs for up to 2 allies over a certain radius, and synergize with other magics. For example, a fire user could automatically give an explosion user the petrified effect when they’re tethered. However, they could also turn a water user ally’s attacks into steam, rendering them useless

like sasuke’s rinnegan?

people tend to forget all the scripting is done by vetex, a single guy

Sunken water blast?

magic that grapples or lures people into you would be deadly for combos

More spell ideas! (I literally have infinite spell ideas at this point)
Beam based spells:
Death Star (I mean that’s what it basically is): Creates multiple magic circles arrayed around the caster. They fire beams to a point in front of the caster, which creates a massive sphere of magic which then fires one extremely large beam that is extremely powerful and destructive. Ok honestly it should be named Delayed Beam.
Sleet: A barrage of multiple beams that all shoot straight forwards simultaneously, thus creating a rain of beams that is extremely hard to dodge. Just realized that I already suggested this as Burst.
Piercing Beam: A short-ranged powerful beam that passes through humanoids, dealing high damage. Small size/hitbox. No explosion. It is very destructive, and can destroy a tree and keep going.
Blast based spells:
Mortar: A large blast that is lobbed, similar to a howitzer shell, splitting into multiple blasts that have somewhat separate trajectories, thus capable of covering a large field.
Carronade: Multiple blasts fire out of several magic circles arrayed in long rows. They fire in a randomized pattern, allowing the caster to deal devastating damage to larger groups of enemies. The flat shape of the carronade is optimized for attacking multiple enemies while preventing dodging.
Compressed Blast: A blast that starts out fairly normally but the longer it’s charged the smaller it gets. The smaller it is the more damage and destruction it can do.
Flying Blast: No visible magic circle appears for this. Instead, the caster begins glowing similar to the effects of charging magic energy. A massive blast that surrounds the caster appears. It then flies forwards, bringing the caster with it to deal good damage. It doesn’t really fall in any category.
Arc Blast 2: A blast that travels in a curved trajectory, sort of like a sine/cosine wave. This makes it slower but allows it to cover more area, making it harder to dodge and block.
Explosion based spells:
Delayed Explosion 2: When fired, the caster appears to glow as if charging magic energy. The spell must be fired again to detonate. It can be held for up to 20 seconds, after which it detonates on its own. The caster can move while holding the spell, allowing the caster to run at a target then detonate.
Whirling Sphere: A sphere-shaped placed explosion that, instead of exploding, forms and then spins, dealing high DoT to those caught within it. It lasts for up to 3 seconds, and the caster can move the sphere around during that time.
Core Explosion: The spell, like others I’ve made, is cast within the caster. The caster glows as if charging magic energy. When fired, a pillar explosion appears, centered on the caster. Direction, however, is based on the caster’s cursor, thus, it’s basically a pillar explosion only the caster gets to choose which direction the pillar points.

2 Likes

Ray - moveable beam that would cause small explosions wherever the beam touches, the explosions would do very little damage, and can be used to “chase” players.

Ridge - 5 to 15 medium sized explosions that go in a line in front of the player. Think like pulling a string from under the sand, wherever the string breaks out, there’s a explosion. further away blasts would do less damage and/or be smaller.

??? ( maybe swarm? ) - several spheres are spawned that either track players and deal small damage, or try to intercept projectiles and stop them. can all be spawned at once or over time.

1 Like

I mean those first two are basically the ones I’ve suggested, my Blaze and Line only somewhat different (your ray is like Blaze only the explosions not the beam deals the damage and the ridge is like line only the explosions aren’t simultaneous), but swarm is different. I don’t really like the idea of tracking blasts. If you’ve ever played Elemental Battlegrounds you’ll realize that either a) they’re just gonna be used to sealclub newbies or b) they’re gonna be effectively useless against higher levels due to the necessity of balancing them. Defensive blasts is an ok idea but again tracking is not the greatest idea.

i didn’t see your reply, and im not really sure if i like the last one either, i just put it in there to try to spark ideas :confused:

ye it’s nice to see new ideas. Most people seem to want grappling spells the most. I’ve just been sitting here suggesting spells I’ve got 3 major replies with some 15ish spells and no one’s looked at them. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy the community here.

1 Like

Black Hole spell, pulls anyone in a certain radius inside and causes some kind of DoT dmg

Pretty sure there’s a primordial/lost magic called gravity magic so it wouldn’t be a spell.

Gravity is a lost spell idk what that would rlly do then theres the primordial called Pressure I just think thats just gonna make it so you can’t move around and such like keep you on the ground

my interpretation is that pressure is more control over the direction and most likely more damage