2113151323113544154255154234 - A Simple Tale

Just a story I wrote for a bit of fun. Not related to Arcane Odyssey. One day late, who could have guessed?

A Simple Tale:
I’ll tell you a simple tale, from many a long ago.
They say that in the center of a huge supernova, amidst all the heat, and radiation, and light, and pressure - behind all the chaos and destruction - thousands of a race known to none today were created. It is said that they were immortal to all but conscious intent to harm, that they could blink across multiverses in an instant, manipulate fate and even create souls. However these beings had a weakness - they were not whole, only half, missing the core of their being. Some had a hole where their heart should have lay, some were missing a stomach, an arm. Some were headless in their stance.
Well… with these gashes in their being, naturally their what was infinite amounts of power eventually dulled over eternities, leaking out between space and time even as new universes sprung into existence.
If one of these beings died, it would have shook multiple universes - most likely ripping gashes through some, even destroying or creating others - I wouldn’t want to be near it.

Are there any still about? Not that I know of, most died trillions of years ago.

Oh, there might be one - I don’t know what happened to them.
They turned quite a few heads back in their day, surviving longer than most.
Once they took their own rib-bone and formed a steed out of it, I heard tell that it was the most magnificent stallion to have ever existed. The horse itself wasn’t restricted to one universe, it could race through worlds like the wind. Last I heard of him and his mount was that they were planning to settle down somewhere, and witness a world at its own pace.
Well. I hope that went well for them, wherever they are.

2 Likes

why do i feel like this is a forum curses thing

Uhhh
(Body unclear)

sounds familiar

Headless fanfiction when

Sorry :sob:

Chapter 0? Why not just call it a prologue?

I call it the Elon Musk technique. Go for whatever is shorter and less recognisable.