-500k renown session

Invisible whirlpool into white eyes true combo

Most trustworthy top rankers

dudes really did friendly pvp with me for like 30 mins before deciding to consecutively snake all at once, shame since they’re good pvpers but oh well renown is renown

1 Like

life on the AO hoods are tuff…

dang, lost over 100k renown over a whirlpool and a shark

Gotta keep your eyes on the prize. Can’t trust no one on the streets of Arcania. :speaking_head::fire::100::fax:

1 Like

always bring a healing potion with you

This kinda stuff is why I advocate that being in a party with someone both prevents bounty hunting and deletes any existing posters from members inventories. Sometimes regulating toxicity through mechanics is the only thing you can do. Hell I’d go even more extreme and say you cannot grab the poster of someone you were in a party with for two minutes after leaving the party/kicking them/disbanding the party.

And that’s only one of the changes I’d make, renown is really bad for community behavior, even on the low-mid level. The balance doc isn’t going far enough to combat this.

(A small list of changes I want if you give half a crap)

Server-Join grace period (No one can grab your poster in the first two minutes since you join a server, nor give you a combat tag. You have to attack someone else to get one.)

Diminishing returns on consecutive hunts (Starting from 2, every hunt after gives diminishing returns unless the player kills you. Prevents hyper farming a single person and also stems renown trading)

Diminishing returns on group hunts (Lose less for fighting multiple people, pretty simple. Renown is an individual leaderboard, clans is a group leaderboard, being hunted by a group should not be so punishing towards an individuals standing, but group mentality is rampant among higher leaderboard players)

Radial Combat Warning (Even if you aren’t getting combat tagged, always warn a player when a hunter has entered their vicinity. This is because certain people who are too high/low for the threshold can skirt around the warning and surprise people. This Wouldn’t combat tag everyone, just display the warning as normal.)

That’s just petty, but I’m glad these guys aren’t really solo players lol, that’s saying something.

god i hate sharks so much :sob: i have lost multiple running attempts to a shark sniping me, I wish they’d be removed from the game. It’s so BS that a player can get 1 hit and claim the kill

god we really need the grace period :pray: i’ve had multiple people grab my poster as soon as I join and immediately start wailing at me

renown as a whole is just a system that doesn’t work without promoting toxicity somehow imo

it would be much better if it only applied to NPCs, because that’s enforcing the fact that AO is a supposed “PvE and exploration game” while also curbing down the act of ganking by a probably noticeable margin.

1 Like

that’s me every day

these are some interesting ideas, deleting posters of people you enter a party with is definitely a good take

i personally think its fine with how the renown state enables underhanded or scummy tactics, its in line with the idea of criminals being dangerous not just because of their skill

Yeah, it’s basically an age old story at this point where people snake someone they hung out with for an hour or two by yoinking their poster and ditching the party to get them when they least expect it.

Sometimes you just gotta put some mechanics in to stop people from being little’ assholes when it comes to renown.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.