ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter XII: Sleep

Thumbnail/Bonus art

You readers never cease to surprise me, haha.
But hey, I can still combine those two results together.
We’re almost there.
:^)

Some questions remained on his mind, as Rael turned to Aurielle who’s still wide awake, with Jean sleeping in the same bed.
           Rael scooted towards her bed, and asked, “Where’d Dacien go?”
           The question snapped Aurielle back to reality, as she processed the question. “I don’t know either, to be honest. After you were out, we’ve been after Kat instead, since we didn’t see him anywhere…”
           She pressed her temple, as she was thinking of something. “We’re bringing Kat to King David, then head to the Silent Tower tomorrow. Better to tell him what we got about this lost magic thing first.”
           Rael turned to Kat as Aurielle explained.
           “Let’s hope another incident doesn’t happen,” Aurielle added. “Did you hear about what happened in this town, before you joined in?”
           Rael shook his head.
           “She was attacking this town, with the two other wizards. And from what I’ve seen, it reminded me of what I heard from the Silent Tower Incident—an attack to distract all of us, and to take someone away.”
           “Wait, what? That fight was a distraction?”
           “Mhm. Jean and I brought those three away from the town, and the townspeople dealt with the missing people. We blew up their cover on the latter part, so that happens.”
           And Rael was silent—somewhat conflicted inside. That whole family talk with Kat already lowered his guard around her, but with that incident… He couldn’t help but feel somewhat betrayed.
           Something felt wrong—with the way she asked him to find the truth with her. As moments had passed, he noticed new things to be suspicious about her, and this talk added to his suspicion.
           As he wondered if he could really trust Kat, he scooted to her bed.
           He looked at her sleeping state for a while, before hearing a growl from her stomach. He had an idea.
           “Kat, wake up.”
           Kat remained asleep, though her arm instinctively yanked away from Rael’s hand—forcing him to get up and shake her body.
           Her arm swung into the air next to him, as if her first reaction to being woken up was hitting Rael. And her eyes opened.
           “You haven’t eaten dinner. Come on,” Rael said as he grabbed Kat’s arm, tugging it. It took a while for her to adjust to being woken up, as she stretched her body. Rael then dragged her outside, almost forgetting to tell Aurielle about his next actions. “We’ll be back in an hour!”

As they headed outside of the place, Kat didn’t seem… too pleased. But once Rael asked her about it, she only shook it off as her being irritable when someone woke her up.
           It didn’t take too long for Rael to locate a restaurant—as there were a lot of townspeople eating here. After the incident Aurielle told Rael about, Kat’s presence alone alerted some townspeople in the restaurant, forcing Rael to affirm to everyone that he only wanted to get a meal for her, and he wouldn’t let her hurt anyone here.
           Kat, who’s still somewhat sleepy, was asked what did she want for dinner. And she was clueless about what to order here, so Rael ordered the meal for her instead.
           After her meal, Rael began to feel sleepy too, though Kat was fully awake—so she suggested walking around the town together. As he left the place and walked with her, he noticed some damaged buildings along the way—and Kat wasn’t focused on them, as her attention seemed to wander to somewhere else.
           But as he noticed the same townsman aiming the flintlock at her, they disappeared in a blink—into the night.
           “They’re gone?” Rael asked, as he looked at where the flintlock person was.
           “Huh? You’re probably seeing things. I mean, you’re looking like you could end up on the ground right now,” Kat held back a chuckle as she finished the last part, though Rael was too tired to get annoyed.
           He looked at her walking ahead, as surrounding around her turned pitch black—no, it must be the night. But is it that dark in this town…?
           Was he seeing things again? He asked himself as he rubbed his eye.
           “Rael?” Kat asked, turning her head back to him. The town didn’t seem to be that dark once she snapped him back to reality. “Eh, let’s end the walk here. We’re heading back.”
           He wasn’t sure of what he just saw, but he definitely had seen something similar to that before—but it’s no time to think of that, as he headed back to the inn with her. He really needed the sleep, now that the squad’s traveling tomorrow.

On the next day, the squad left the town, moving to Summer Hold. Along with the route Aurielle used, he passed Doom Village—where he might return, once he’s free from this whole deal. He could introduce Kat to his family, too.

This time, Summer Hold seemed to be peaceful, unlike the day before.
           Aurielle brought the squad right into the keep’s upstairs, bringing everyone to King David Silver—who was busy talking to the two silver-haired men. Rael recognized both men as Levi Silver, the Magic Council captain—and Joseph Silver, that one Castlian soldier he met at the Marshlands. Despite the three Silvers sharing the same surname, Rael couldn’t guess if they were siblings, David and his two sons (to Rael, David seemed the most mature out of them), cousins, or something else.
           Once the Silvers noticed the squad, Levi waved at the three. “Yo, what brings you all here?”
           Rael and Jean pointed at Kat, and Aurielle answered his question. “Here’s the one who got the lost magic Dacien was trying to find.”
           After looking at Kat for a while, David told Joseph and Levi to stay inside the keep with the squad, as he asked Kat to head outside with him. Before Joseph closed the keep’s door, Rael noticed them stopping at the city’s wall.
           Now that he was with Aurielle, Jean, and the Silver siblings inside the keep—he only had a few ideas.

• Peek outside.
  • Chat with the Silvers.
  • Let the others do their thing.

0 voters

Writer's Notes (yes i moved it here)

story simulation ending soon

if you’re wondering i have post-story simulation plans, yeah. i do have some. remember how this storyline is set in “Average Day in Magius” series?

yeah, i have more stories n stuff in this series to write, and i might make a poll for which storyline to write about next

to be honest, story simulation really is “the introduction storyline to wack shit that will happen in this series”

also I’ve been considering archiving story simulation on my blog sometime, if i feel patient and productive enough
i don’t know if should leave my first soon-to-be-finished writing project hanging out on a forum, but hey

4 Likes

vibe with the Silvers man

1 Like

ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter XIII: Actually sleeping

Thumbnail/Bonus art

shrug

“zzzzz”, Rael said.

• Stay asleep
  • Wake up nerd

0 voters

Writer's Notes

We’re no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of
You wouldn’t get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I’m feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We’ve known each other for so long
Your heart’s been aching but you’re too shy to say it
Inside we both know what’s been going on
We know the game and we’re gonna play it
And if you ask me how I’m feeling
Don’t tell me you’re too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)

We’ve known each other for so long
Your heart’s been aching but you’re too shy to say it
Inside we both know what’s been going on
We know the game and we’re gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I’m feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Sorry for leaking chapter XIII guys. My dog stepped on my keyboard, I swear!

(I’m gonna actually read it now because this stuff is good lol)

1 Like