Average Day in Magius: The Main Thread

Latest Post Update:

• Finished writing Lost Things!

Welcome!

This thread is just one hell of my WoM OCs (original characters) collection. I’m attached to them, and I’d like to give them some life, so why not make a casual series for them?

In a nutshell, this is pretty much a series set in WoM’s setting. Each storyline follows a certain group of people in Magius, and the stories are told by the ‘storytellers’.

This project is a casual passion project I’ve been working on. Main storyline updates may not be consistent as I’m still struggling with it.

Also, if you scroll down at this post from the very beginning, please keep in mind that I may change story stuff a lot. (Especially if they aren’t included in the ongoing/finished storylines.)

Main Storylines

Story Simulation [FINISHED]

An introduction storyline to this entire series—following Rael Mills, the protagonist whose actions can be controlled by the reader’s choice—that leads him along with his adventures of tracking down the Dark Arts Society.

The thirteen storytellers, including myself, will bring you guys on a journey in Magius.
You might be familiar with this story’s direction.
The Minotaur and the Exiled, Aurielle Salore and Dacien, do those names ring any bells?
To us, they came from a lost and incomplete story.

- Valerie F.

First Part: Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - The Prologue
Latest Part: ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter XII: Present

All chapters and parts

0. The Prologue

1.1. Chapter I: Mentor
1.2. Chapter I: Teammate

2.1 Chapter II: Cleanup
2.2. Chapter II: Question
2.3. Chapter II: Answer

3.1. Chapter III: Retreat
3.2. Chapter III: Advance
3.3. Chapter III: Attack

4.1. Chapter IV: Chase
4.2. Chapter IV: Stubborn
4.3. Chapter IV: Regroup

5.1. Chapter V: Route
5.2. Chapter V: Hover
5.3. Chapter V: Unknown

6.1. Chapter VI: Ambush
6.2. Chapter VI: Warning
6.3. Chapter VI: Resurface

7.1. Chapter VII: Stranger
7.2. Chapter VII: City
7.3. Chapter VII: Crash
7.4. Chapter VII: Family

8.1. Chapter VIII: Hint
8.2. Chapter VIII: Story
8.3. Chapter VIII: Spark

9.1. Chapter IX: Dizzying
9.2. Chapter IX: Flickering
9.3. Chapter IX: Noticing

10.1. Chapter X: Mistake
10.2. Chapter X: Failure
10.3. Chapter X: Residue

11.1. Chapter XI: Simmering
11.2. Chapter XI: Boiling
11.3. Chapter XI: Vaporizing

12.1. Chapter XII: Rest
12.2. Chapter XII: Sleep
12.3. Chapter XII: Present

Excerpts for every chapters

Prologue: The beginning of Rael’s future adventures and quests!

Chapter I: Rael meets Aurielle and Jean—his mentor and a fellow student in this adventure—as he begins to train under her.

Chapter II: Rael does his first quest from Aurielle, along with Jean—to clear out the bandits at the Bronze Grassland. While dealing with the presumed leader—Hifumi, a mysterious enemy—Kat approaches the two with a question!

Chapter III: Kat forcibly ends their encounter, making Rael and Jean head back to Jean’s house. And the two finds a clue from their quest, that would lead to an incoming disaster.

Chapter IV: Rael and Jean head to the Silent Tower to tell the officers about the clue they found, and the tower is attacked.

Chapter V: After dealing with what happened to the Silent Tower, Aurielle returns to the two students. And now, they’re heading towards their next quest’s location, tracking after a suspicious activity.

Chapter VI: The trio encounters the source of the suspicious activities, and they have to fight and escape from the ambush.

Chapter VII: After returning from the quest, the trio finds their quest giver—King David Silver—fighting against Dacien, who is the guild leader of Rael’s past enemies.

Chapter VIII: The trio learns about Dacien wanting to hunt down a Lost Magic, and now they’re aiming to track after him.

Chapter IX: The trio arrives at a place where the Lost Magic is located, and they encounter someone familiar.

Chapter X: After encountering Kat—who obtained the Lost Magic, Rael fights against her, only for him to fail.

Chapter XI: Rael wakes up from unconsciousness and goes after his squad, and he fights with Kat, once again.

Chapter XII: After the fight, the trio finishes up this quest for now, and Rael looks forward to his future adventures with Aurielle, Jean, and others.

Lost Things [FINISHED]

The second storyline to this entire series—following three housemates’ lives: Carson Calding, Virgil Barion, and John Salore—onto their adventures of finding Carson’s past, Virgil’s present, and John’s future. Despite their clashing backgrounds and circumstances that forced them together, they’re definitely going to find the things they had lost, for sure.

In this disordered continent, where everyone seeks to be the heroes of their own tales, there are still some rooms for smaller stories to breathe.
Past, present, and future—keep your eyes open, and see where they lead you to.

- Zion Water

First part: ADIM: Lost Things - Prologue: Carson
Latest part: ADIM: Lost Things – Chapter XII: Heading Towards a New Day

All chapters and parts, and excerpts

0.1. Prologue: Carson - Carson wakes up from a nightmare, and recalls how did he end up in someone else’s house, while figuring out the steps to learn about an incident that took his family away.
0.2. Prologue: John - Carson recalls John mentioning a clue about the incident, and rushes to his bedroom, only to find him not acting like his usual self…
0.3. Prologue: Virgil - Carson carries Virgil, who fell asleep on the dining table, back to his bedroom. As he tries to recall the memories of what he just learned from John, he begins to dwell on someone he left behind—until Virgil snaps him out of his trance.

1.1. Chapter I: Steps - John was visited by his little sister the next morning, but Carson doesn’t care—as he follows Virgil to work to ask him about the clue he just learned.
1.2. Chapter I: Plan - Carson encounters Ace as he searched for the next clue in the library, and Ace knows something about the Crescent Squad!
1.3. Chapter I: Worry - Ace gives Carson a hint, and Carson heads home to prepare for his plans. But something still lingers in his mind as he tries to occupy his mind with things around the house.

2.1. Chapter II: Friend - Carson leaves behind a letter to John and Virgil, and leaves the house to find the Sun Rage bandits’ base.
2.2. Chapter II: Traitors - Carson’s attempt to bring Markus—his friend—away from the Sun Rage bandits doesn’t go as smoothly as he had planned.
2.3. Chapter II: Runaways - Carson and Markus had finally find a place to settle down for the night. But the more Carson talked to Markus, the more his suspicions arise.

3.1. Chapter III: Caught - Carson has had his suspicions confirmed, and he also senses someone else approaching his spot.
3.2. Chapter III: Found - Once Carson noticed John and Virgil approaching his spot, he hides Markus—both literally and figuratively.
3.3. Chapter III: Return - Carson, John, and Virgil bring Markus to the Silent Tower. Then the three return home.

4.1. Chapter IV: Hope - Carson visits Ace at the Silent Tower to discuss his quest, and he also finds someone familiar.
4.2. Chapter IV: Empty - Carson and Virgil travel together to find something about Carson’s past.
4.3. Chapter IV: Tolerable - Carson retrieves a pair of items, as he headed home with Virgil. After around a week, Carson finally had something to look forward to.

5.1. Chapter V: Old Sparks - Virgil is about to start practicing charms again, after years. But there’s one thing he has forgotten about.
5.2. Chapter V: New Scar - Virgil finally starts practicing charms, but something goes wrong.
5.3. Chapter V: Same Problem - After dealing with the charming accident, Virgil takes a break from practicing charms and focuses on his job for a while. On the day he finally practices charms again, someone visits his house.

6.1. Chapter VI: The Tower - Virgil, Ace, and Carson head to the alchemist’s tower.
6.2. Chapter VI: Not Enough - Virgil attempts charming once again.
6.3. Chapter VI: Not Alone - Virgil continues practicing charms at the tower, and he’s been practicing more by each day.

7.1. Chapter VII: Crumbling Confidence - John visits Virgil in the alchemist’s tower after a long while.
7.2. Chapter VII: Thorned Sorrow - Virgil is getting more anxious with each moment, and he’s now at odds against John.
7.3. Chapter VII: Back Home - Virgil tries charming for one last time, and goes home with John.

8.1. Chapter VIII: The Pair - Virgil decides to charm Carson’s amulets next. As he asks Carson for suggestions, Carson has no idea what to suggest—until he suggests something unexpected the day later.
8.2. Chapter VIII: Friendship Gifts - Virgil charms Carson’s amulets as a gift, and he isn’t sure if Carson would like them at first.
8.3. Chapter VIII: Dinner Time - While waiting for John to return from his work, Virgil and Carson cook some dinner for themselves and John.

9.1. Chapter IX: Ego, Exhaustion, Emptiness - As Virgil and Carson convince John to take a break from his housework today, John’s exhaustion had caught up to him.
9.2. Chapter IX: The Night Before I Shut Myself Away - John realizes he’s actually at ease around Carson. And knowing that he’d change his mind during different times of the day, he wonders about something…
9.3. Chapter IX: An Awfully Naive Dream I Had - John finally gets to sleep.

10.1. Chapter X: I Hope Nothing Goes Wrong - John is now working. Once he is about to resume his afternoon work, he starts to feel off.
10.2. Chapter X: To You, I Should Be Another Stranger - John is bothered, both before and after today’s work.
10.3. Chapter X: Just A Little Crash - John’s health finally crashes.

11.1. Chapter XI: Bringing Back Old Memories - John decides to take a break from his work, and spends time with Carson.
11.2. Chapter XI: A Glimpse to the Past - John and Carson go outside of their town to have a friendly battle.
11.3. Chapter XI: An Average Day in the Future - John takes his time reflecting on recent events.

1. Chapter XII: Heading Towards a New Day - John ends up waking up earlier than usual, and he decides to give “making every day a memorable day” a try.

This post but in Wordpress blog format

38 Likes

That’s great and all but you forgot Burgess Jr. the omnipresent god.

4 Likes

Sounds like an intresting series

Can’t wait to see this coming

1 Like

oh god oh fuck how could I’ve forgotten about him

oh no

2 Likes

it’s actually a series of comics/short stories/drawings coming out at a really inconsistent rate lol

2 Likes

NOW AS THE CELEBRATION OF MAKING THIS THREAD

I SHALL DROP THE OLD DOODLES/SKETCHES
image image image
keihatsu fellows

relationship guide because yes yes
this may be outdated in future stories though

Also another note. When the storyline update hits, several characters and squads will be separated for their storylines. Will the separated characters be reunited? Who knows.

anyways, have a floofy carson here as a finisher

5 Likes

Another extra doodle but this time it’s hidden bc reasons

If you aren’t into character shipping implications, ignore this reply.

Joseph and Jacob content yes yes

image image image image

other than the ship art, have a froggy on ace’s head

3 Likes

As a dumbfuck that’s garbage at drawing,this is very pog to look at :sunglass

1 Like

Dang I wish I can bookmark this for good.

1 Like

Ok, time for story rambling #1! (They won’t be numbered later so yeah, think of this as a decoy number lmao)

Each rambling would be hidden and can be read when clicked. Most of the ramblings will come in a form of me typing random shit in lists, so don’t mind my unorganized explanations.

As I’m aware that I ship a lot of characters for some reason, some ramblings may have ship implications. But at this point, no characters are planned to have romantic relationships. Although some crushes are possible if you connect the actual right dots

Regarding William and Hina + Hina's motives and stuff
  • Lemme just explain about ‘William’s men’ part I’ve written in his bio first, he basically makes connections to those people, then slowly starts to make ‘deals’ with some of them, depending on his current situation. He gets some loyal underlings through this too.

• Most of the deals promise things that go along with the dealer’s goals, such as money, fame, etc. As for the exchange, William is aware of what the dealer is actually capable of (killing, stealing, raiding, etc.) due to the befriending part. Will the requests get gradually bigger? It depends on what William is looking for at that moment, as it varies.

• Now speaking of Hina, she often works as a bodyguard (subject to be changed later). Although she would take any jobs within her actual limits, to get the money.

• So yeah, Hina was involved in William’s deal several times. As Hina’s goal was pretty simple (anything for cash), William took a liking to her.

• While Hina still had the 100% cash goal, she got employed in a guild/faction/etc. and finally has something (relating to herself) to be held in honor.

• Although that leads to some Hina with the self-doubt™ moments.

• As an asshole William is, he’s aware of that. And tries to weave her away from the self-doubt and the honor part.

• How does it turn out? It partially worked, although since they basically work in different places at this point, they haven’t contacted each other that much. Although some bittersweet(???) memories are still left with both of them.

• If you’re wondering how would they react if they see each other again. William would still retain his happy-going and casual attitude towards Hina, although he’s wary of her possible changes. But for Hina, she would still be friendly, but noticeably awkward.

(Major changes to the character's relationships/stories) Hero and Villain storyline

For now, I’ll only include the characters from Vistarian, Castlian, and Alalean squad.

Most of the characters here won’t really reunite with their original culture squads if they got different storylines.

Hero Storyline Characters: John Salore, Virgil Barion, Joseph Silver, Damien Marshall, Jacob Gold

Villain Storyline Characters: Carson Calding, Benedict Auburn, William Drake, Jess Percy, Tyler Arbor

Now the real question.

@LittleShrekSheep Arcane Adventures Webtoon.

or

@BNTarwarn Average Day in Magius Comics

for me, both

eh I don’t think comparing those is a good idea, since both are focused on different games and stories, also different levels of commitment (since ADIM is a series that I make content for in a very casual + inconsistent rate)

2 Likes

new update to the topic itself :sunglasses:

2 Likes

when will we see the storyline in your comics?

after I’ve finished the storyline quests lol (I’m in school rn so rip)

1 Like

new comic moment

[Average Day in Magius?] Separating paths

is akira gender fluid?

eh nah

he’s just a dude who likes dressing in female outfits

Totally a canon spoiler!!!: Carson vs John battle in the finale of the series' storyline

5 Likes