A General Synopsis on Curses ~ Vol 0

The War Seas comprises many kingdoms. Some a ruthless dictatorship, some finding value in fraternity, and most a hierarchy that either takes from, or defends the weak
Of course, whether due to disagreements, desire for wealth, power, and resources, or whichever excuse a kingdom can conjure, these kingdoms are destined to clash until only one remains at the top. The kingdom with fewer combatants will always be crushed by the kingdom with higher numbers.
That perspective is dead wrong. Power, strategy, and luck shape the course of events in wartime. In this world exists magical energy, an unexplainable force that can make one sole human capable of decimating an army of thousands effortlessly. This energy, this ability to so horribly distort the tides of battle-
Pales in comparison to the might of a curse
The ability to transform, manipulate, and conjurer an element out of nothing should not exist. Even in a world as horribly twisted such as this, the power of a curse is far to strong, surely, any kingdom that would harness this type of power would come out on top, as the absolute strongest, crushing all the kingdoms in their path, no matter how many numbers.

Of course, Every kingdoms, both ruler and people realize this.

while the concept of obtaining a large collection of curses seems easy, they are hard to maintain.

The true nature of a curse is less than ideal for humans. Their power seeps into the world around them, almost as if they do not want to be taken, similar to the nature of that of a plant. While many get the idea that you just have to take a curse, that could be further from the truth

Curses create “domains”, which, in short, are areas in which the will of a curse, can take form. The ice curse may create freezing temperatures, giving anyone who dares trespass it’s territory severe frostbite, The poison curse creates noxious gases that with lethal enough doses to melt the inside of a behemoth sea creature, The shadow curse drains light and one’s senses from those in it’s vicinity, turning trying to locate it the same as moving through a labyrinth.

To harness the power of these curses, many dangerous expeditions have to be made, to retrieve this. However, this collection’s focus lies elsewhere.

All of the kingdoms under our guide must carry these curses for our disposal.

A curse vault is a specially tailored structure made to accommodate housing the effects of each and every curse obtained. Learning how to harness their power is vital to the goal. One can not simply rush into a curse’s domain and expect to obtain their power.

Experiments are to be conducted on objects, plants, animals, humans, anything that could get us closer to finding out the true nature of a curse; any interaction they have with a curse, each and every detail must and will be studied with a disturbing, almost excruciating detail.

So… What does happen in the darkest depths, locked away to where only the mightiest powers of the world can only view.

I will note down and archive every last detail of these experiments, I will only stop until the mission is accomplished.

- Mattheus Azurebloom, The Vulture of the Order.

Y1,855

Crimson Note:

This is my first entry in a new series I’m working on, “A General Synopsis on Curses”. I will probably be working on this alongside my new “Memories of Arcane series”

This is chapter 0, So nothing important has been recorded yet. I want to make this series a SCP-inspired fan fiction on the “domains” (also manmade) that a curse can extrude, in a sort of twisted, and scientific matter.

This series will have 4 entries per Volume, each one detailing conditions a curse’s domain creates, where it is stored, and the gruesome experiments the order and the kingdoms they control conduct on their prisoners.

I’ll make sure to get out the first volume by tomorrow

6 Likes

give me 3 minutes i need to read this

It has been 3 minutes

i am done

:+1:

Ok If i good understand certain curses can affect their surrounding with effect depending on what curse it is. For example ice curse decreases temperature?

I like to imagine that curses have a certain “will” of their own. If someone takes a sea curse, they are said to gain a personality “similar” to the nature of a curse. The ice curse would make the air around it frigid and hard to breath in, and it would also eventually affect the surroudnings and adapt, like if it were in an open field, it would encase itself in dense ice, but in a closed space like a vault, it would make a territory like an icy cave around it

This is really cool idea but I now wonder if grand fire curses just burns everyone who it sees as too weak to wield its power

Yeah i’d imagine GFC would be something like only for the worthy, or else their domain would range actual cities in length :skull:

I forgot Morocks curse name but just his (curse imbued) sword could destroy countires

Just imagining curses like the fire curse be Demon’s Landing 2.0.

1 Like