A late Christmas gift for myself (Definitely not flexing)

I never got anything for Christmas, and I thought it was about time I treated myself.

If you have been following my blogs, you’ll know I attach photos to my blogs.

These photos were taken on an iphone 11, lent to me by one of my closest friends (Kevin if you’re reading this, which you probably aren’t, thank you.)

I own an iphone 7, which I have used truthfully for a while now.

But it’s time for change.

Today, I got my second phone ever. It’s not an Apple, Samsung, Google, etc.

It is an Oppo. To be more precise, Oppo Ace 2 Pro.

Both the iphone 7 I have and iphone 11 my friend lent me doesn’t even support 5g networks.

But this one does. It has a running speed of 16 gb and a storage of 512 gb. It has a very long battery life (can last up to 4-5 days without charging, if not actively used), and takes 20 minutes to fully charge from 0%.

Now, Oppo is a Chinese company, and because I bought this today in China, it is a lot cheaper compared to buying it elsewhere. It was on sale (which was why I bought it, I wouldn’t have if it wasn’t). It costs 3,000 RMB, which at the time of this post, is only $640.16 AUD, or $422.39 USD. The sale also came with a free phone stand and ear plugs (wired). I’ll use it all very carefully.

It also has a much better camera, so the photos I post on my Week 5 and 6 blogs will be taken on this phone (Week/part 1,2,3,4 were all taken on the iphone 11).

Expect better quality pictures for part 6 and 7 of my travel blogs.

Anyways the forum’s photo things ain’t working so I can’t attach photos . THEY BETTER FIX THIS BEFORE I CONTINUE MY BLOGS. HELP!

1 Like

we making it into hd quality with this one!!! :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :fire: :fire: :fire:

yeah but they better fix the photo issue on the forums.

Nice! OPPO phones are amazing, I’ve had the A5 for 4 years now and it still works like a charm!
Sadly it’s not compatible with US sim cards though…

1 Like

Hopefully they’re compatible with Australian SIM cards, but I can’t be sure?

If you can’t use US sim cards, then what do you use?

I just don’t have a SIM card in the Oppo, it runs off wifi when I need internet.
Then again, this is an older 2018 model so it should have been fixed by now.

Got the photos of the phone here:

(Got another photo with the additions, but forum photo issue thingy)
But to be honest with you, this OPPO phone has thing called ProXDR in all it’s photos where it just makes the light sources in the photos more vibrant/brighter. And I actually find it a bit annoying. And it isn’t that much of a better quality besides being slightly more HD. And I like it natural. I know there’s a way to disable it though.
I got scammed.
But everything else is still better than the iphone 11.

say one bad thing about the chinese government and your phone will spontaneously explode

And that I fear.