A prelude of mist and mourning

For a moment, the constant howling of the wind grew quiet, and the frenzied rush of suffocating air slowed down to lead a swirling dance, taking the mist from the poisoned ocean below as its partner. They flowed and dipped, as if painting a figure together in the open space, rising higher and higher until they collided into each other once again, a burst of energy cascading upon their sculpture, before falling back into that familiar disarray.

For the first time in a while, it seemed that nature was in cooperation with itself. Despite how much it had already destroyed in its stormy wake, it still finds the selfish need to create. Maybe it served as a cruel taunt, to show off to those it has turned its back on – who have lost everything to the dark waves, or to what came out of them.

Maybe it was a curse in and of itself to be born into a world like this.

The awareness came first.

Next, the senses.

Thoughts soon appeared.

The water then carried the memories.

And finally,

Form.

4 Likes

I don’t know what I just read, but it was written well!

will make more sense soon :bangbang:

you wouldn’t break your promise about atlantean curses, would you?

where’d you even get that from this

even though ive said multiple times im probably not gonna ever delve into that topic on my own, this read to me as a bit condescending considering this is the very first piece of actual writing I’ve posted on here, and there was no indication of that even being a topic that’s going to be brought up.

Chat this is how the first species formed on earth trust me I study biology.

Not trying to be offensive- it was supposed to be kind of ironic. I got that from this:

I get “sentient curse” vibes from this. Like the Green Lantern. This could be a curse that has gained thought through some unnatural means- for example, maybe infection. Obviously, an actual atlantean curse would be a pretty stupid idea to implement(on paper), which is why I said “you wouldn’t break your promise…”. It’s supposed to be ironic because although someone could read this and think that it could be a sentient curse, you already said you would never do something like that.

tl;dr it was a joke

I see that now, and I can assure you is that there are no sea curses involved in this story, and this character (the abyss seer) only has origins tied to existing canon concepts

I just thought it was jarring that it was the first thing you thought of from this even as a joke :sob:

Yeah fr I’m in bio too