A Simple Solution to Low Level Hunting Issues

A Simple Solution to Low Level Hunting Issues
effort 4.25 8 quality 4.4 10 reasonability 4.588235294117647 17

Explanation:

There’s alot of issues in this game with unfair fights and bullshit involving PvP but none of it is nearly as egregious as a max level player attacking somebody at a much lower level than them for a laugh or to steal a negligible amount of loot.
This needs to be fixed.

The Solution:

You can no longer attack players beyond 10 levels below or above you.

This solves everything in that regard and future proofs it for later seas when this would inevitably become a much bigger issue as sealed chest loot becomes more and more vital to progression and players slowly but surely reach the point where they’d be able to sit ontop of Cirrus and instakill players out of boredom.

3 Likes

This is probably a pretty decent solution, but I think that 10 levels lower or higher is a bit low
it should at least be 30 levels difference

1 Like

20-30 seems like a reasonable gap to me

3 Likes

I love it but it should be a 45 level difference so I can live out my underdog fantasy of killing high levels and vice versa.

3 Likes

30 levels is well past the point where the lower leveled player would have no real way to fight back against a vaguely competent higher level.

maybe 15x where x is the sea number (ex 15 in bronze, 30 in nimbus, 45 in vimir, etc etc)

or it could be % based like 10% below your level so at much higher levels people can still find other people to fight

higher level players will always be able to find somebody to fight.
everybody ingame is either max level or rapidly approaching max level and I doubt that will change for a very long time.
(level cap would have to be way way higher)

the only people that a 10 level difference is going to hurt are people seeking blatantly unfair fights like level 125s that go and visit cirrus for non-sky reagent reasons.

who knows, maybe at higher levels like level 500 people who used to play the game left before reaching max level or max level players take a break from the game once they do everything
a 50 level difference at that level is proportionally the same as a 12 level difference right now so it shouldn’t be too big of a deal

funny thing, the “way higher” I was talking about was ~400 level cap lol.
by 500 level cap I could definitely see players not being near max level being a much more normal thing.

though that’s talking years in the future, by the time we need a different solution for PvP level we’ll have plenty to discuss lol.

The only reason youd really ever see a fight between people with a larger level gap is literally either low level ganking or some low level tryna annoy a high level for some reason. No real downsides to this.

1 Like

I think 20-30 would be more reasonable.
(beat a lvl 80 as a lvl 50 in the sky island, so its fair imo)

Or maybe make it a formula like being within 10% of each other’s levels.
Since like as you level up, the feeling of a “boast per level” diminishes (ex. As a lvl 1, you have 10 HP. As a lvl 2, you have 20 HP which is basically double HP. However let’s say your lvl 1000, you have 10000 HP. As a lvl 1001, you have 10010 HP, which is basically negligible. Hence the difference between a lvl 900 and 1000 isn’t as much as a lvl 1 and 100.)

What if it is the higher levels can’t initiate combat but lower levels can

1 Like

then high levels are just going to jump around low levels farming until a stray attack hits them.

it would not be the first time I’ve seen it happen.

Simple, but absolutely needed

yeah scaling, that’s what i was thinking with my version

but then how am i gonna 1 shot level 50s whenever i see them ):

I could see 20-30 level gap be more reasonable, on the condition that both people fighting eachother are on the same awakening (like non-awakened players not being able to fight players who have gotten their first awakening), unless the player with a lower awakening is on the LB or has over a certain amount of renown.

1 Like

With that criteria about the awakening, I could accept a 20-30 gap, since even the near max levels with no awakening arent likely to be as powerful as the average level 125

please yes
let there be a period where the stories of people at sailors getting spawnkilled are but only myths