A warning about Sherlock_Holmes143/Cloak/Killerdead (Still up to their scams)

I was playing AO when I got a message from a certain Sherlock_Holmes143.
This is the main account for a scammer who currently goes as @Killerdead on the forums.
They were trying to recruit me into their clan (Aurora Borealis) claiming that they were doing a seasonal giveaway once the clan reached 150k infamy. I’ve had past experience with this scammer so sent him a message telling him that I wouldn’t fall for his scams a second time.
I sent him a second message to tell him that next time he should probably check that he wasn’t trying to recruit someone who had already exposed him previously.

So this is probably just a warning to look out for this person.
@Drama @Nuclearman7 and @BBII all pretty much exposed the guy in this topic

And here is a clip of the second message I sent him before he left, unfortunately Medal took a while to work so you don’t get to see the whole thing.

Also
@Misinput what are the rules around scamming in game, could it lead to a ban or can you not do anything about it? Because vetex really didn’t specify very well here

He’s kind of been doing this for a while, mostly on the Vetcord marketplace by having it under his shop and randomly posting a recruit message in general a couple times, although to little to no surprise, he switched to a new Discord account on the 8th, about over a week after all this got exposed.

1 Like

Seal of approval

98% sure it’s allowed and doesn’t have any rules against it, only exploited items or illegitimately obtained items and the sort are against the rules. An in-game ban for scamming is a bit ridiculous, I feel like so long as no roblox rules were broken or smth, should just get a marketplace ban, can just be evaded though but meh.

1 Like

I think we both have very different definitions of what a scam is.

Context: I just said to stop advertising their scams in marketplace and that alot of big and influential traders are aware of the scams that are happening, and that he has entirely lost all reputation so may as well just stop.
I also feel very insulted by their insult of the year. My miniscule brain doesn’t understand any of this so feels insulted.

Bros name is fifa candy :sob:
Also tbf i wasnt really a part of the exposing stuff but i was aware of his past in wom

1 Like

to my knowledge, its not against the rules. but this is a weird situation and im still relatively new so ill ask for some opinions

1 Like

How tf do you get scammed in a game with built in trading?

change is possible, and they might be heeding my advice to start anew (although not doing a good job at masking it).
“top 3 contributors” doesn’t seem like it can easily scammed out of, since the only way I can see is them grinding on an alt to reduce the seasonals given.

though them lashing out like that is an L

He is clearly just asserting his dominance

Mostly has to do with the 8 item limit and trades that go over that limit, requiring the trade to be broken up into multiple trades.

Personally I’d never do trades like those, especially if someone insists on it. If it’s outside of 8 items idrc what it is I’m not doing it lol unless the first part of the trade includes everything I want. Each individual trade I do would need to be a W result for me unless I’ve gotten over it and I gotta start giving them items (like if I offered 10 unique seasonals for a sunken set, I’d do 8 for the full set then give them the 2).

If the other person is fine with that or not doesn’t really matter. Security above all else imo. People really shouldn’t be getting scammed here and that’s probably why no rule exists on it.

Idk all the details, but this guy has scammed people in the past. They are also still adamant that their clearly fake giveaways in the past were real, wait until they discover the infamy reset after EA

Some people are gullible, especially if who you’re dealing with is supposedly a “big” trader who is “trustworthy”

Many won’t, others would and would at times just give all 8 in one trade for nothing and then get surprised when they try to do the follow up trade the other leaves :skull:

They then know now for more future scams. If you fell for this it’s more or less deserved. The game has safety features to prevent this, you actively turn that away when doing those kinds of trades. On them 100%. Scammer is still a piece of shit but this could easily be avoided and if not then those people learn and can avoid scams better in the future.

RIP them but that’s just sometimes how it goes.

This is why the reason I disagree that scammers deserve any sort of in-game ban when there’s an official trading feature, should just get some sort of marketplace ban

this would be neat to see tbh

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.