[ABYSS SEA] An Unlikely Alliance

I watched the Atlanteans swarm the lower parts of my homeland. At least one of my homelands. Most of the others had already entered Mount Caesar, those who hadn’t were arriving from the Ravenna Castello route. Meanwhile here I was, standing on a cliff overlooking the Shining Plains, watching the sunset over Mount Orthys.

I heard a familiar flapping behind me, so I turned around to face it. A Siren that had been terrorizing the cowards pretending to be my overwatch yet had never touched any of my other men. It had been observing me and I had been observing it. This, was going to be an interesting conversation.

“That… casting style of yours.” It spoke, it’s voice was strong and smooth, “I’ve seen it before, it’s the casting style of Winterveil’s mages.”

“I do not know how you know that, but indeed it is.” I spoke, hoping it would pick up on my suspicion.

Something about it seemed familar, then it hit me. The Siren had a strange resemblence to Kessler Boreas and I had heard tales of Sirens adopting young infants on ships of those they slaughtered. The Boreas family went missing after being chased into the Dark Sea decades ago, perhaps the siren standing infront of me was one of them?

“Hm, I sense both Nero’s and Winterveilian blood within you.” It spoke once again. “What exactly… are you to Ravenna?”

I took a moment to think, I was many things to it, but I decided to choose what I was most proud of.

“A beloved son, brother, and general, whilst also man with a deep hatred towards it.” I responded.

“Interesting… well, my name is Neviro Boreas, I suppose you could call me Neviro though.” It spoke once more, “You?”

“Lord Winter Caesar of Ravenna, pleased to meet you.” I spoke whilst offering my hand for a handshake.

Shaking hands with a Siren was strange, but he seemed to have a familar fire in his eyes, a resentment towards the Ravennean Royal family, a resentment towards my cousins.

“Look, I’m here to kill Nero’s descendants for their crimes against my people and though you may be one of them, but you are also one of my kin.” Neviro declared, “I believe we both want to overthrow the Caesar family for what they’ve done to our families, so I propose an alliance to knock them down.”

“Hell Yeah!” I agreed, “However, I cannot let you just destroy Ravenna, if you may let me, allow me to take the throne once Revon is off of it, that I can take it and lead my people toward a brighter future.”

“Hm, that is… acceptable” Neviro murmured.

“And one last condition” I added.

“Yes?” Neviro questioned

“Could you check on my little brother for me? I’d do it myself, but he’s all the way at Orthys” I responded

“Easy, I can fly there in a few days, give or take.” Neviro replied, “So, before I go, lets plan to take down the Caesar’s.”

1 Like

newest installment of Neviro’s siren shenanigans dropped, felt mid as hell writing it but eh it’s here now.

next story will be some dude about to jump off of Mount Orthys meeting a siren who happened to be passing by and somehow befriending her lmao.