[ABYSS SEA] Broken Bronze

“EAT BRONZE, YE BEASTS!”

I watched my centurion shove his greatsword down the mouth of an Atlantean, all sorts of gore began to fly out of it. I wasn’t a stranger to blood, but it was a scene too gorey for me to look at.

“PUSH UP BROTHERS! DON’T LET ANY DEEPER INLAND!”

The rest of the soldiers pushed up the legionnaire’s orders. Why were charging straight into the horde? Surely we could just hold a defensive position right? I watched my brothers in arms tear apart and get torn apart by Atlanteans. I could even see a few prison guards amongst our ranks charging with us.

A couple of others stayed back with me as we watched our brothers in arms fight. We used the excuse of “We’ll keep watch and call out high value targets” or things like that. Technically, we spoke the truth, but we also just wished to get out of harms way.

“No way I’m heading into that meatgrinder” one of the ensigns by me said/

The sound of shattering bronze and tearing flesh filled my ears. All my nose smelt was rotting fish and bronze. I felt like a coward for just standing back, but I wasn’t going to fight that horde, I was safe he-

CRACK!

The ensign next to me was sent flying into a wall, his armor pierced by a spear. He screeched for help, but his cries were cut short by a flash of black. The next thing I saw of the ensign, his throat was producing a geyser of blood and the spear was gone.

We all started panicking. What had killed him? What was that flash of black? What if it comes for us ne-

SHURK!

“FUCK THIS! I’M OUT OF HE- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-”

I watched the legionnarie drop dead, a spear wound in his chest was the only possible cause of his death. Some of us ran to the meatgrinder that was the frontlines, some retreated and got slaughtered by the flash of black as they ran, what was left of us here were being picked off one by one.

Whatever it was, it seemed to respect the men at the frontline enough to not attack them, but I suppose cowards like us were free kills. It was so fast that by the time we had reacted to it, it would’ve already disemboweled us, stabed us with it’s spear, or tore out our throats.

THUNK!

I reflected an attack with my shield, but the creature simply rebounded off of it and ripped out the throat of some poor lad near me. Soon I was the only one left, desperately blocking attacks. I’m not making it out of this encounter alive, bronze fragments lay at my feet, mostly from my shield.

If there is any god out there hearing this, please, get this thing away from me. I don’t want to die to something I can’t even see. I’ve been a coward, but surely I don’t deserve to die like this. All that’s in my vision is black feathers and my shield. My younger siblings rely on me and I can’t die n-

RIP!

THUD!

4 Likes

actually vaugely related to the atlantean invasion! yipee! also the thing that murders everyone is siren neviro if you couldnt tell.

also the pov character dies like bluchers officer from G&B
skip to 0:56 in this clip if you dont know what that looks like.

is this allowed

Dang those descriptions were scary af. Got me shivering in my quivers.

thank you for constantly promoting the siren neviro agenda :pray:

crazy how a joke became a hypothetical situation became arguably the most badass character in AS

I indirectly created bro and made his character, I gotta push the agenda as much as I can fr fr.