Acrane Odyssey Possible Lore

Alright, I’m sure everyone has seen the new builds for AO. But if you look at the builds and look at all of the platforms Vetex uses, you hear of these infusions, and it seems that the build Warlord doesn’t seem to have a way to infuse. Well, it might, but I think it may have something better. If you read the document Vetex posted on his twitter (Full Arcane Lore) you hear of how the god Prometheus wanted Aurem to gain power. Well, there isn’t much told about Aurem, and I think this is the reason for it. It’s properties aren’t well know, but what if Aurem can absorb magic? Because you know how in WOM if you shoot an arrow with your magic, it disappears. That for one makes Weapons a very useless stat when it comes to long range, because then you don’t have anything on magic users. But what if as a Warlord or Warrior you have very tuned senses, you almost have a 6th sense for metals and gems. You can find Aurem and use it in your weapons and projectiles. If a magic user shoots your arrow or bullet (Vetex has said some things about guns, in case you didn’t know) instead of your bullet or arrow just weakening the blast or something by a bit, your arrow absorbs the magic. And when it hits your target it destroys it’s self releasing all the magic, doing increased damage.

Now since Vetex said that all builds will be viable, I believe this may be how he plans to do it for those no magic people. This may also work for swords, such as you make your blade of Aurem, if you perfect block a magic attack your blade absorbs the magic and then when you hit your opponent it uses that magic to do increased damage, but much more than if you just infused your weapon with magic. So it’s like infusing your weapon with magic (As Vetex said you could do) but for a short period of time, each blow you deal to your opponent uses a little bit of magic. And if you do a full blow it uses all the magic a once.

What does everyone think on this? I would like to know.

The phrase “shoot an arrow with your magic” confused me for a good 3 minutes. I thought you meant there were magic arrows in WoM. I’m assuming you were referring to shooting your magic at an arrow in flight.

Do people actually bother using magic energy to shoot down arrows in the game? Apart from the strategy of using AoE attacks, I assumed that trying to shoot down one would be too difficult to realistically undertake seeing how slim the arrows are in the game. I don’t play often so I don’t really know, which is why I’m asking.

Also what are the things Vetex has said about guns?

Final question, is aurem going to be a currency in Arcane Odyssey? Because if it is, Vetex would have to make up an in-game justification to explain why Warlord and Warriors wouldn’t just sell this aurem for loads of money.

Questions one: “Do people actually bother using magic energy to shoot down arrows in the game?”
Answer: Yes, some people do, it’s mainly a waste, but it does destroy the arrow. But in PVP with another player, you can shoot their arrow but it’s easier to move out of the way. But it does work.

Question two: “Also what are the things Vetex has said about guns?”
Answer: Here’s an image for the guns, they are low level but I expect higher level ones too.

Question three: “Is Aurem going to be a currency in Arcane Odyssey?”
Answer: Well, no, at least nothing is confirmed. But we do know this due to lore, there was a lot of Aurem discovered in when Humans learned of mining, that’s why it was the currency in AA. But remember, AO, as you probably know, is meant to take place in the War Seas, not the Seven Seas. So there is a very easy way to explain why to sell it, it may not be known about at all. Why would people believe a man trying to sell you a sword with a red looking blade that the blade would absorb magic? And it may not even been known about at all in the War Seas. You may be the first to find, and since it’s the other side of the world, Aurem has no value. And if somebody did get a hold of it why would they try to test it against magic?

1 Like

And another thing is vetex has said that completely countering magics is something that he isn’t going to be adding as that’s the equivalent of stealing someone’s weapon or preventing someone from using their fighting style, the reason all builds are going to viable is because they will have spells (for magic) techniques(for fighting styles) and skills (for weapons) and you’ll be able to combine fighting styles and weapons using whatever new metal we find this time and those will be able to be used by most players and then warlords will probably be able to use fighting styles with any weapon just like how vetex has stated that powerful conjurers will be able to use magics with any weapon.

Yes he had said that, but it may not be like completely countering a magic, maybe you could absorb some of it, and weaken it, like how when you perfect block an attack (As I mentioned) you still get a bit of damage but it’s not the full blow. It may be like that but with an advantage.

Oh, I had thought he said something about aurem and guns. Even having not seen this image, I just assumed that AO had guns because AA had guns, and AO happens almost directly after or concurrently to AA. The thought hadn’t even crossed my mind that AO was set in a completely different climate, though I think that the War Seas hasn’t had to deal with the nukings and other calamities that could’ve resulted in technological regression, so it probably makes sense for them to have guns anyway.

Since in the Golden Age of Magic one could only get more magic power by burning more aurem, the War Seas having not come in contact with aurem at all would mean they had little to no part in the use of magic at this point in time. If the phrase “his teachings spread like wildfire” implies that magic and its connection to aurem spread even as far as the War Seas, then the people in the war seas probably knew about aurem then.

It’s been almost a thousand years since then as of AO though, so perhaps knowledge on it was lost somehow. The only way I can think of this happening that would not require more explanation as to why the same thing didn’t happen in the Seven Seas would be there being no naturally found aurem in the War Seas, but then that would mean that aurem would be too rare for your suggestion to be an efficient way to fight.

I might have missed something here though.

EDIT:
Basically what I’m saying here is that I can’t think of a way that aurem wouldn’t be known of in the war seas. Since as of AO the Seven Seas and the War Seas can not communicate with each other, importing is not an option. If there is aurem, it has to be naturally drawn from their land.

If they had magic as of the Golden Age, then they knew of aurem then. I’m even more convinced that they knew of it at that time because they apparently have more sophisticated base magic elements like Acid and Iron while the people in the Seven Seas had only the seven. This implies that the War Seas is even more knowledgeable of magic than the Seven Seas. The natural conclusion is that they probably knew it for more and worked on it harder.

The main question is: why would they suddenly be unaware of it after only about two millennia?

2 Likes

But, WOM may not be cannon, and this is just theorizing, so it requires some guessing and changing, per se. If you play WOM, I believe you have, you will see that they uses a different currency, Crowns. Why would they use Crowns instead of Aurem? In AA the currency was Aurem, would it not be here? Well, may this may be because the fifth, sixth, and seventh sea were destroyed meaning that there wasn’t enough Aurem, but it may mean that Aurem just isn’t a good currency any more, and I know saying this has some holes, but maybe Aurem is just forgotten. Maybe in War Seas Aurem just doesn’t exist, they never found it. So in the War Seas it may be called some thing different, because what are the chances they name it the same thing in the Seven Seas and the War Seas? And the part where it says “His teachings spread like wildfire.” Well, (I know this is a leap) if you’ve ever played a game of telephone, you see that the message gets distorted and lost. They may have gotten the part of the message that they needed to burn something, but the description of the gem gets lost, they burn something else, maybe like diamond or ruby or something. And since their magic power didn’t increase, they stopped, thought the message was a scam.

WoM is canon its just gonna change slightly and the reason they use crowns is because its an entirely new civilization entirely, and as for “the teachings spread like a wildfire” well that’s harder but there could be many different reasons but the most likely is that people forgot, or Prometheus showed magic to both sides of the world.

Also, the part where you talk about more sophisticated magics, Acid came with WoM, but Iron I don’t know of, but then again if they have more magics, that are more sophisticated, it may be because of mutations. With mutations comes new magics, and the War Seas may have experienced more or different mutations.

Please tell me if I’m wrong on something here.

World of Magic is a bit of an exception since it happened in the age of peace though, which is mapped to Y2985. That’s another millennium after AA and AO if I’m not incorrect.

I’m not saying your suggestion couldn’t happen, but I don’t think it’s realistic that they just don’t know what Aurem is after such a little while. The Age of Discovery happened in Y600, which is only about one millennia before AO. It just doesn’t seem likely to me.

Furthermore, if they burnt any other gem, they wouldn’t have gotten the magic power that came with it. I’m sure Prometheus would have known whether it was Aurem they were burning or not because he wouldn’t gain power if it weren’t Aurem.

I don’t know what is meant by “good currency”. Gold for most of its time in human history had little to no practical use, but still constantly served as currency for many places in the world. It’s stated in the lore that aurem was seen as more valuable than gold, so I don’t think that history of using it is something that’ll just be shaken off.

EDIT: Corrected wrong word.

Iron is going to be an element in AO.
It’s basically a substitute for Gold and Metal in World of Magic.

Mutations? Perhaps so.
The justification for the existence of more elements in World of Magic was that the understanding of magic had progressed and evolved since the time of AA, and that more ways of using it had been discovered. As of yet, the concept of magics evolving like this is a novel one in the AU as far as I’m concerned, since mutations in AA were individual paths of growth and not things that could cause a new magic user to be born with Acid, for instance.

Then again, progressing understandings of magic doesn’t really make much sense to me as an explanation for the new magics in WoM, so yours actually makes more sense to me. The way I see it, a newfound understanding of a field wouldn’t randomly change how the minds in human beings operate.

Every reply I’ve seen in this thread is too long for my phone screen ;-;

Welcome to the forums! You made a mistake coming here.

A small bit of advice for future reference: Don’t mention lore if you don’t want to be dragged into a pointless argument. Trust me, it ain’t worth it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.