After so long time , how is now your AO experience

Arcane Odyssey is the most interesting game I’ve ever played on Roblox, and it’s not even close. I’m a sucker for a good story, and this one is right up my alley. It has its faults, of course, but the good news is it has a lot of potential to develop into an amazing game. There are some concerns I have, including but not limited to the recent balance change controversies. If they are implemented, depending on how drastic it affects my gameplay, I will decide whether to keep playing or not. Another concern is the story itself. Not the future of it, but what we have now. There’s some details I feel could be focused on more, and characters that I believe could use more development (all of them). What we have now is great for a Roblox game, but it does need some tweaking to make the storyline and characters more fleshed out and interesting. I’m excited, but also worried, to see how it will progress.

Honestly I might as well not say he isn’t that bad because this is the equivalent of Dark Souls 1.
Both might be fairly easy for me, certainly took a few attempts but overall it could be worse in my opinion.

1 Like

Was the best game on roblox when I first played but I don’t see reason to come back to it anymore, in other words 0 replayability

1 Like

and that’s also fine? not every game in existence needs to be able to be played 50 million times to be a good game gawd damn.

1 Like

Bad. But I have hope that it will get better

I’ve never had a bad experience in WoM nor in AO (except players obviously) so to me I’d rather have Vetex take his time for the game’s updates as my gameplay in both WoM and AO is superb (to me)

I WOULD be playing much more if it weren’t for my DOG WATER INTERNET (I really hate my Internet more than anything I’d rather have a mob of toxic players witch-hunting me than this sorry excuse of an Internet I have)

I used to LOVE ao when I first joined. The story just reeled me in and I enjoyed the ship combat. I generally like ship-related stuff so I liked it.

Soo then my laptop broke and I couldn’t play for a month. Once I got it back I wasn’t all that interested in the actual game as I was in the story and the characters. The metamancer pvpers kinda ruin the experience for me aswell tbh.

Right now I just can’t wait for a story update to release, but I understand that Big V probably wants to get his other goals out of the way, possibly to implicate them into future events.

I have done so much in this game. Briefly I was Pve demon for attaining 1.25 million after 2 months of rival grinding, and just before the renown changes still dont understand how the testers didnt even notice how this will affect deckhands :man_shrugging:. In a twisted sense it was kinda fun for me because that actually enabled me to go serious on sailing.

Could not really stand fishing tbh. After trading the easter valk for a sunken, it was kinda underwhelming but I never really liked the valk so having a sunken just makes it a W for me. So that basically killed fishing for me. The fishing count is still at 1111, as of this moment.

Now I can’t play the game properly because of ping. Ship combat is the only thing that is keeping me here. Farming for gems and funding a second brig for a friend.

Like stated above, the ping will screw me up in pvp, so I can’t do that properly.

I am excited for the dark sea, though I am kinda concerned how this will affect the ping, considering my situation rn.

1 Like

i love AO i was waiting for the release for like a year but i hated leveling up to level 40 for the stepstones and fighting calvus was a nightmare

Used to be okay near release but as a member of a 900k infamy pve guild with a small amount of fame(180k) im constantly hunted by pvp guilds or syndicate hrs for some reason. When I’m diving and have like 20 sealed on my ship, sometimes a 1mil player would join and then go underwater to jump me or destroy my ship.

Both me and my friends have this experience and quite frankly the renown system has absolutely ruined my casual Ao experience. I’ve retired from pvp and hunting other players as it’s tiring and feels unrewarding to ruin people’s fun for irrelevant game points, now I just use love gels or log when someone hunts me.

Most of the time I have to leave the server in less than 30 mins and my maxed alts are on kos lists of several guilds which means I have no long term character I can enjoy in peace. These issues were rarely present in WoM aside from mass rking between guilds and it’s an issue vetex somehow amplified with Ao’s infamy changes and the whole renown system.

2 Likes

Boring. Grinding is boring and repetitive, fighting is boring and broken, hunting is repetitive and tedious, etc

1 Like

When I play AO alone its kinda boring.
Playing AO with friends is fun.

I’m excited for the dark sea update because this is the PvE experience my friends and I’ve been waiting for.

I just hope that it isn’t tainted by a bunch of pvp nonsense nobody asked for.

1 Like

my computer runs this game at 11 fps because of the lack of optimization. can’t really enjoy a game if you have powerpoint frames

It’s a really good game. Maybe not the best but it’s definitely one of my favorites up there. First few weeks was really fun. Just playing through the game, reading the story, and even accidentally converting some of my friends to playing it was a blast.

You can read my journey below if you’d like but I’ll put a tldr at the end for those who don’t want to read allat.

Longer Version

Few months go by and I decide to have a few files, one of every hybrid build. Started grinding gear and stuff for those files and then finished them all.

Then there was the Easter event, did the event 6 times all over my files. (Yeah, I don’t know what a shower is, what grass is, or what a woman is)

I decided to make a maxed file on an alt for trading since you can’t trade higher level items to a level 10 file. (I was also using those files to imbue magic onto my cannons and rams for my files who didn’t have magic.)

After the event, I transferred one of my file’s items to the alt and completely make a new file since I didn’t like the magics. (1st mage file used plasma and poison, 2nd used fire and explosion, then finally reset to using light and crystal. Hopefully getting a stat reset for lightning to replace crystal.)

The jewelcrafting update came out after and I maxed out my main file’s brewing skill and my jewelcrafting skill is at excellent at the moment.

A bit after that I decided to grind cargo for the upcoming brig and store it on my alt.

After that, I kinda got lost. I was completely burnt out and I assume most of my friends were too. Some were waiting for story updates and some were just waiting for content updates. I also wanted both but that just takes time. Eventually I got busy with work and wanted to play other games. So I’m taking a hiatus from AO until the dark sea update comes out. (Which I assume is a few months away or so, maybe I’m overestimating it.)

Maybe I’ll hop on occasionally to do a few boss runs, maybe just gather materials for skills, sealed chest farming, but even that isn’t enough to keep me entertained for an hour like it did months ago.

tldr, I played the game a lot around release, and as time went by, I started grinding a lot on my files, then felt lost, and took a break.

God you should of seen me day 1 on AO I was gushing about simple stuff like opening The Agora for the first time.
But honestly that day 1 experience was so special to me.
It was so fun getting to finally play AO after years of waiting.
I made a second and third file and kept on blazing through the game having a blast.

As of now though admittedly im playing the game way less then I was before. I just got really burnt out with pvp, I kept losing my fights which yes you can call a skill issue but still. And lack of content and etc.

But even though I play AO way less I’m still enjoying the game, the world and the community of AO a whole lot it’s one of the first major communities I’ve stuck with in awhile.
The game has its flaws but imagine what the game will be like in 5 years time. Vetex fixes those pesky memory leaks, the new seas and new story content and etc.
The game has so much potential and as of right now it’s one of Roblox’s best games ever.

Game sucks, wouldn’t let me keep my 36K+ hunger and instead when I rejoined it became 10K hunger

Other than that, everything’s fine except for lack of content ig

around 200 hours playtime
Game is great but im feeling bored, there isnt much to do right now except to pvp and farm renown for better deckhands. Il just be playing occasionally to farm galleons and patiently waiting for the dark sea update which should add lots of new content and get me excited to play again.

2 Likes

Wt would make the pvp better for u( I like it)

AO is very grindy for me. Most builds use Calvus items which take time to obtain and with 9 files, and only 1 completed build so far its gonna take me a little bit. I spent just last week grinding up my jewelcrafting so that I can use those in my builds.

it’s ok.

my thoughts on this game are swayed the most by the bosses, both good and bad, since i’ve always held vetex’s boss design to high regard the most.

which brings me to the good: he is really fucking good at making bosses. holy shit, he is so good at making bosses. not even just in AO. every single boss he has ever made since Theos, the War Phoenix in Arcane Adventures have been an absolute blast for me to interact with. the bosses Vetex designs aren’t unfair, but they’re still sufficiently challenging. they all have a lot of replay value, and they all have a LOT to teach you if you take the extra time to learn them in and out.

here’s the bad, though: as it is now, dodging strictly only functions well on flat terrain. in a game where everything in the game is destructible, including terrain, this is not a good thing.

as much as i enjoy destructible environment as an idea, it really disappoints me how counterintuitive it is with the fresh new dodge that was also added with this total game revamp. as the arena you’re fighting in gets more and more damaged, dodging very rapidly becomes less and less useful, because you’re pretty much guaranteed to just dash into the side of a crater you’ve fallen into. it’s sort of frustrating to me how often i’m forced to not utilize this new mechanic that feels great to use, in favor of the same old high jump skills we’ve been using since World of Magic. skills that have long since lost their novelty to me.