Aim Training (in the sink or swim way)

even better build for aim training:

light conjurer with only guns, all tempered.

I went with lightning conjurer since the speed is comparable but the damage is much higher, and also so i wouldn’t have to invest a bunch into modified arcanium pieces

Something that makes the aim training even harder is that I’m used to not playing with mouse lock, but in order to make gun m1s viable I have to because that forces the character to face my camera direction (which is a sticking point because the m1s can miss your crosshairs if you’re facing a different direction, especially backwards)

Please don’t put yourself through torture to get better at AO. I’ve got a couple thousand player kills in under 500 hours, and I can pretty much guarantee you that it’s way easier to actually improve at the game using something you enjoy playing rather than literally torturing yourself on an “off meta” class that brings you only misery.

I’m not saying you can get good at the game using anything. There are somethings that will never help you improve (running any high attack size build will inevitable crutch you and you’ll find yourself Class-Hopping whenever it gets nerfed), but you don’t have to use JUST guns or ALL 20% magic sizes just to get better at the game. If you want aim training, play an actual aim trainer or an FPS game (I know people that mainly played FPS games and tried AO for a week or two and already had a decent hold on the PVP).

Whatever you do, don’t burn yourself out. People that are good at what they do are usually only good at that thing because they find joy in it.

1 Like

-when I say high attack size build, I mean any build that can delete at least half of your enemies HP without you even looking at them. Something like iron leg or sailor fist is fine, but if you want to improve, high-size earth mage isn’t the way.

I figure that if I can get skilled at aiming it’ll help me get better at everything I play in AO, or even beyond. I don’t see it as torture (at least right now) though I’ll keep your words in mind.

I’m not sure where I would begin to find a proper aim trainer, honestly, but if you have any resource for it I’d be down to try it.

I’ll do my best not to burn myself out, thank you. I’m doing this because I thought the build would be a fun idea, and I can melt peoples HP in seconds with it. I just need to learn how to wield the build to its full potential.

my main slot is a high size water mage which is roughly the same tbh
still has lightning secondary though so that’s something worth training aim for

just do a lot of ao fights lol

this helps (its what aimsell uses)

I’m a rich kid so if you can afford kovaaks then use that.